BLUEPRINT XSE AVAILABLE! - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Lightbulb BLUEPRINT XSE AVAILABLE!

Hi all - I preordered a Blueprint XSE with carpeted floor mats as the only option and it arrived at a dealership in Upstate NY today. I drove it and it is a nice car; It is stunning to look at, road and wind noise were OK, and it doesn't seem to have the mirror shake that others have discussed. Not sure if I just didn't notice or if it is because it was manufactured in Canada, not Japan. In any case, I've decided against purchasing it because my wife just couldn't get comfortable in the passenger seat.

I feel really badly about this because the sales guy was super nice during the entire process and now it is likely to get sold by somebody else, so I'd like to try to make a connection for him to someone who might be interested in this particular vehicle. Not sure if they'll ship to your location, etc., but I do know that this car is pretty hard to find. I still have it until Wednesday. I'm not looking to get anything out of this. I am genuinely trying to help the sales guy out.

Please PM me if you'd like the sales guy's contact info. Serious interest only, please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:02 PM
drb

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am really fed up with manufacturers giving such short shrift to front passenger seats and Toyota has gone out of their way to make it as basic as they can, regardless of trim level.
Dealbreaker for me and we have not even tried the seat. We do a fair bit of long distance driving and we both need to shift seating positions fairly regularly.
Even our mid 90’s Mazda 323 had height adjustment (manual).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Garage
You can always have the passenger seat restuffed to suit your wife, I wouldn't let that stop ya. A friend did that for his new '11 Limited, he thought he was gonna have to sell it cuz it hurt his back, but a $300 seat modification by an auto upholstery shop was all it took, he still has it 80k miles later.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
SpasticChildren (04-09-2019)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Today, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found driver and passenger side acceptable on the RAV4. But I sympathize: my wife was keen on the Subaru Forester: I tried it out and ruled it out immediately because I found the sets very uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page