LED Projector Headlights - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
If you got a Hybrid without the adaptive headlights and with the LED Projector Headlights that come standard, what do you think of them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Plenty bright, The low beams have a sharp horizontal cut off so the can light the road well without blinding on coming drivers. That is typical for projector headlights. High beams are broad and bright.

My feeling is that the adaptive lights would be nice and useful on occasion but are not needed for safe driving.

Forum Member SpasticChildren will be getting his hybrid with adaptive headlights today and should report his experience with them soon.

The automatic high beams are another story. I like them, my wife doesn't. She finds it annoying that they go from high to low and back so frequently (which is what they are supposed to do)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeviewer View Post
Plenty bright, The low beams have a sharp horizontal cut off so the can light the road well without blinding on coming drivers. That is typical for projector headlights. High beams are broad and bright.

My feeling is that the adaptive lights would be nice and useful on occasion but are not needed for safe driving.

Forum Member SpasticChildren will be getting his hybrid with adaptive headlights today and should report his experience with them soon.

The automatic high beams are another story. I like them, my wife doesn't. She finds it annoying that they go from high to low and back so frequently (which is what they are supposed to do)
Any chance you could turn off the headlight adjustment feature and see how they are?

Or maybe another owner without the feature can weigh in?

I love safety features, but part of me wants the panoramic roof!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh, sorry, I see it's been answered here already. And SpasticChildren also praised the adaptive ones.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement