Lights in the door switches for night time driving - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryarian View Post
Has anyone else looked at the Lexus UX?
I am a Prius and now Rav4 hybrid owner. I looked at the UX at an auto show. I was interested but just can't handle the poor space utilization. Just not enough leg room in the back if you are going to carry passengers very far at all. Rear hatch area is small with a high floor.

One thing I love about my 2010 Prius is how roomy it is given it's outside dimensions. In fact I find the current Prius deficient in the rear leg room also but at least the cargo capacity is good.

If you can wait, the Lexus NX hybrid, the Lexus equivalent of the Rav4, should (hopefully) be updated for the 2020 model year with the improved hybrid drivetrain of the 2019 Rav.

Fortunately, our new Rav hybrid Limited does not have any mirror vibration. I believe that the birds eye camera (part of the tech package) eliminates any need for tilting mirrors. I agree that the lack of power and/or height adjustment for the passenger seat was a poor decision but my wife and I luckily both fit OK in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonJot View Post
The XSE hybrid does...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
Are you certain? When I test drove a Limited non-hybrid, the mirrors did not fold when the vehicle was locked.
I'm fairly certain the North American RAV4 do not have auto folding side mirrors. I've never looked at the specs for the overseas offering so it could be that the European model has it? That was one of my complaints too. For that price, it should come with it.

I also looked at the Lexus UX hybrid but after sitting in one at the Autoshow, I scratched it off my list. While the interior was very nice (as any premium/luxury brand should be), the cabin is very small and the rear trunk is tiny because of the battery. I'm not a larger person by any means but it felt cramped when I got inside it. It definitely won't be comfortable for a family of 4 on a road trip with the UX.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Are you certain? When I test drove a Limited non-hybrid, the mirrors did not fold when the vehicle was locked.
Of course! XSE is hybrid over here. All trims have folding mirrors. I'm sure; test drove two different trims...

Speclist of my ordered XSE: Outside rear view mirror A-fld, pt, tn, heter, bsm, fl, ca

Ordered a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid AWD (XSE HV Premium) in Zircon Silver / Attitude Black.
For now my Black-and-Blue 2018 C-HR Hybrid Bi-tone Premium will do.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Of course! XSE is hybrid over here. All trims have folding mirrors. I'm sure; test drove two different trims...

Speclist of my ordered XSE: Outside rear view mirror A-fld, pt, tn, heter, bsm, fl, ca
When I rented a Toyota Aqua (Prius equivalent) in Japan a month ago, I noticed that it had auto folding side mirrors. So did many of the cars I saw in parking lots. It's likely because in Japan, parking spaces are so tight, it's probably very common to have auto folding side mirrors. So most likely that's the case where Japanese and European models get auto folding mirrors, while models in U.S. & Canada do not.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:

How odd. Literally none of the North American models have auto folding mirrors.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Mojito
Check that you have a legend that reads AUTO in the rocker switch for adjusting side mirrors and set to that auto position. It will automatically fold when you lock you doors. At least my european hybrid does.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
Check that you have a legend that reads AUTO in the rocker switch for adjusting side mirrors and set to that auto position. It will automatically fold when you lock you doors. At least my european hybrid does.
I checked the specs for the RAV4 in Europe and it is listed that "Automatically retractable door mirrors" are standard equipment for the hybrid models. That's something none of the North American models have--hybrid or gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page