Panoramic Moonroof - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-14-2019, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
I do have Active Cornering Assist... which I cannot find out what it does.
Active Cornering Assist technology actively brakes selective wheels to improve the RAV4ís handling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-14-2019, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
I do have Active Cornering Assist... which I cannot find out what it does.
ACA is standard on all '19 Rav4s, see the owner's manual.

https://www.rav4world.com/forums/197...ml#post2686857

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Unread 04-14-2019, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Red face

I went with the Pano sunroof. I ordered a Hybrid Limited with: Advanced tech, Weather pack, Entune premium, Pano sunroof, door edge guards, wheel locks, carpet mat set, and OEM Led fog lights.

Living in Houston, I couldn't see having a dark closed in cabin when I could have it much more open with the bigger sunroof. I use my current non pano sunroof daily. There is so much ambient lighting here, I doubt my high beams will ever kick on so, I felt the Adaptive lights honestly wouldn't help much. (very few dark curves around here). Hope that helps Lori :-)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'll give my 2 cents on adaptive headlights vs the pano moonroof. The only time you can benefit from the adaptive headlights is at night... when you are turning. That's the only time you will ever benefit from them. Plus adaptive headlights, I assume, use motors. The more moving parts, the more potential problems. Today's cool new feature is often tomorrow's factory recall issue.

Also, ask yourself this very simple question: in all the years you have been driving, have you ever thought to yourself, "I wish I had adaptive headlights!"???
If not, then why even start thinking about it now? Enjoy what you have.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtox View Post
Also, ask yourself this very simple question: in all the years you have been driving, have you ever thought to yourself, "I wish I had adaptive headlights!"???
I haven't wished for adaptive headlights (the term is new to me) but I have absolutely wished I could see better in the direction I'm turning. I do a lot of driving in the mountains with a lot of corners and a lot of deer. The adaptive headlights will also adjust up and down. Not only do I think adaptive headlights are a great idea for folks like me but I also wish cars had lights that shined further to the sides of the road - again to spot deer.

If I lived in the city, I can see where the technology wouldn't provide much benefit.

BMW's implementation of adaptive headlight technology is even more sophisticated and further improves safety. I wish the Toyota system worked the same way:
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Unread Today, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtox View Post
I'll give my 2 cents on adaptive headlights vs the pano moonroof. The only time you can benefit from the adaptive headlights is at night... when you are turning. That's the only time you will ever benefit from them. Plus adaptive headlights, I assume, use motors. The more moving parts, the more potential problems. Today's cool new feature is often tomorrow's factory recall issue.

If not, then why even start thinking about it now? Enjoy what you have.
I'll take an adaptive headlight repair over water leaking into the passenger compartment of my car from a clogged drain line, or leaking seal from a glass panel I can't even see out of from the front seat.

And as a driver of rural Interstates, as well as dark country roads, I want all of the headlight coverage I can legally obtain. However that doesn't include "custom shop" or do it yourself installations. The majority of those may illuminate the road for the driver of that vehicle, but the overwhelming majority are designed for off-road applications and are dangerous on public roads because they blind other drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement