Panoramic Moonroof - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Panoramic Moonroof

Does the panoramic moonroof feel much bigger then the standard moonroof? I got a Rav4 hybrid limited with the panoramic moonroof but have not seen any with a standard moonroof. I got the panoramic moonroof over the adaptive headlights because I was able to get the hybrid within a couple of weeks and the adaptive headlights aren’t available in the region where I live. I was told by ordering the car, I would have to wait 6-8 weeks to get it. Would I have been better off waiting and ordering the car with the adaptive headlights or is the panoramic moonroof that much better over the standard moonroof? The standard LED projector headlights are good but I can’t compare it to the adaptive ones since I have not seen them. I am hoping I made the right choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
As the driver, the headlights would be the biggest improvement. I currently have a panoramic moon roof in my Sorento and the only people that benefit are sitting in the back seats. There’s no real difference between a panoramic roof and a regular sun roof for the people in the front seats.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
As the driver, the headlights would be the biggest improvement. I currently have a panoramic moon roof in my Sorento and the only people that benefit are sitting in the back seats. There’s no real difference between a panoramic roof and a regular sun roof for the people in the front seats.
Does it still look and feel more light and airy with the panoramic moonroof, even in the front seats?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
Does the panoramic moonroof feel much bigger then the standard moonroof? I got a Rav4 hybrid limited with the panoramic moonroof but have not seen any with a standard moonroof. I got the panoramic moonroof over the adaptive headlights because I was able to get the hybrid within a couple of weeks and the adaptive headlights arenít available in the region where I live. I was told by ordering the car, I would have to wait 6-8 weeks to get it. Would I have been better off waiting and ordering the car with the adaptive headlights or is the panoramic moonroof that much better over the standard moonroof? The standard LED projector headlights are good but I canít compare it to the adaptive ones since I have not seen them. I am hoping I made the right choice.
Are you ever going to be happy with what you have?
Does it matter at this point? Are you going to trade this one in too because you think you should have gotten the headlights instead?
Why not just enjoy it instead of second guessing yourself....again.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadoo View Post
Quote:
Does the panoramic moonroof feel much bigger then the standard moonroof? I got a Rav4 hybrid limited with the panoramic moonroof but have not seen any with a standard moonroof. I got the panoramic moonroof over the adaptive headlights because I was able to get the hybrid within a couple of weeks and the adaptive headlights aren’t available in the region where I live. I was told by ordering the car, I would have to wait 6-8 weeks to get it. Would I have been better off waiting and ordering the car with the adaptive headlights or is the panoramic moonroof that much better over the standard moonroof? The standard LED projector headlights are good but I can’t compare it to the adaptive ones since I have not seen them. I am hoping I made the right choice.
Are you ever going to be happy with what you have?
Does it matter at this point? Are you going to trade this one in too because you think you should have gotten the headlights instead?
Why not just enjoy it instead of second guessing yourself....again.
No I’m not trading my car in again and I am very happy with it. Thank you very much!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
As someone who almost always rides in the front seats I rarely, if ever even open the shade of vehicles I own that come with a standard sun/moon roof. I don't like bright sunlight streaming into the passenger compartment in the heat of summer. I would prefer to hear music on a good sound system than windnoise buffeting the passenger compartment. I owned a Corvette that had a removable roof panel and quickly learned that I got over the novelty of the summer sun beating down inside the passenger compartment, and not being able to carry on a conversation or hear music while driving. Additionally, an opening in the roof of the car poses a water infiltration risk should the drains ever become clogged or otherwise fail.

On the other hand, I frequently drive at night on many different types of roads in all kinds of weather conditions, so having well designed headlights that provide good visibility is very important to me. Personally, I think that it's ludicrous that Toyota forces you to choose. But that choice was a no brainer for me.

That being said, these are my personal preferences, others may prefer the sunroof or panoramic moonroof. To each their own.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:36 AM

Location: New Jersey - north west area where you don't parallel park
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hyundai has a real panoramic roof, one piece of glass all the way back, except for the sliding part of course. The Toyota (and Buick ) moon roof is two separate pieces with a large metal piece between them. The back glass does not open. Of course that allows you to put roof racks on the Toyota and Buick cars. Hyundai does not eve have the mounting holes for a roof rack on panoramic roof cars. Too much glass and no support.
Any "car custom" shop can change your headlights to LED or HID. They will use the best quality item and they stand behind their products. You may drop a couple of hundred, but I have had HID lights for some 8 years, never go back to regular bulbs. My hybrid came with LED headlights are bright and not blinding. Have to check what my car uses for the high beams.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
Hyundai has a real panoramic roof, one piece of glass all the way back, except for the sliding part of course. The Toyota (and Buick ) moon roof is two separate pieces with a large metal piece between them. The back glass does not open. Of course that allows you to put roof racks on the Toyota and Buick cars. Hyundai does not eve have the mounting holes for a roof rack on panoramic roof cars. Too much glass and no support.
Any "car custom" shop can change your headlights to LED or HID. They will use the best quality item and they stand behind their products. You may drop a couple of hundred, but I have had HID lights for some 8 years, never go back to regular bulbs. My hybrid came with LED headlights are bright and not blinding. Have to check what my car uses for the high beams.
The headlights are already LED. There just not the adaptive ones.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
The headlights are already LED. There just not the adaptive ones.
Based on a test drive I took with a Hybrid RAV-4 with the LED Projector headlights I think that you will be happy with them. I haven't driven a RAV Hybrid with the optional adaptive headlights, but I got them on my factory order which is scheduled to be built on May 3rd.

I would definitely avoid aftermarket lights installed by custom shops. I've found that the overwhelming majority blind oncoming drivers. It's not a good situation if one driver has a great view of the road if everyone else is blinded by plug and play headlights that weren't specifically designed, tested and approved for that specific vehicle.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 04:06 PM

Location: New Jersey - north west area where you don't parallel park
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
According to my window sticker, I have the Limited Grade Advanced Technology Package. But that does not include the Adaptive Headlights. I do have Active Cornering Assist... which I cannot find out what it does. I did pay $140 for door edge guards (colored plastic on the door edges).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page