Limited on order! - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well I got my wish, RIP 2014 RAV4. On the bright side the insurance settlement is more than the trade in (including the tax benefit). On the not so bright side we have to wait about 6 weeks for the new one!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

2014 RAV4 Limited Magnetic Grey/TerraCotta
2010 F150
2001 Mustang (track toy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2003 View Post
I ordered a Limited hybrid 2 weeks ago, which will be here early June. I simply cannot wait!

Blizzard Pearl with pretty much all the optional accessories!

Also the interior is nutmeg color!
I ordered the same color combination, mine was supposed to be built today but so far I haven't heard from the dealer. I ordered every option except the panoramic moonroof, which wasn't available because mine is being built in Canada.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Does anyone know how soon will the VIN be available after the scheduled build date? My dealership told me the scheduled build date for my limited hybrid was May 2. Just wondering how soon should I bug him for the VIN and scheduled delivery to the dealership.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs007 View Post
Does anyone know how soon will the VIN be available after the scheduled build date? My dealership told me the scheduled build date for my limited hybrid was May 2. Just wondering how soon should I bug him for the VIN and scheduled delivery to the dealership.
It varies depending on dealer allotment. Mine was supposed to be built today, dealer emailed me a VIN on March 23.

Last edited by hcfd1075; 05-03-2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: additional information
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Taking one that is inbound

I had a 2018 Honda Clarity (plug in Hybrid) that someone ran into backwards at between 30-40mph. I got a 'very good' condition insurance settlement yesterday (declared a total). The dealer has a (h) Limited that lists for $40,334 that should arrive around 5 June in my color/trim (Blizzard Pearl/Nutmeg) and is selling it to me for $41,000 out the door tax's and all. So significant discount. I put 20 years into the retail car business here in GA as well as 20 years in the Navy so that $500 for Vets helped a bit.

If I didn't miss SUV's so much I'd go for another Clarity in a heart beat. It's a terrific and under sold car. On an Accord platform, plenty of room front and rear, excellent visibility, the Touring version is top of the line and all options are standard including leather interior, nav, electric seats and so forth. Plus all of their models now that have the Honda NAV system can also use Android or Apple for maps. On the droids, that includes Waze. Being retired and having installed a Level II charger in my garage I only rarely had to use the gas engine. And I couldn't tell a difference in my GA Power bill. I drove him 8774 miles in right at a year with zero issues. Just super quite electric torque.

Now looking forward to my new RAV4 and really wanting to ditch this rental. More later when I get the car.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hello, Toyota had a brilliant marketing plan didn’t they ( in a cynical tone) ....Delay the Hybrid so that when they do come out the demand outweighs the inventory and we end up ordering and paying several thousand at times above MSRP. I see the gas RAV4 are now highly discounted but Hybrids they can’t get them in sooner. I don’t understand that inventory issue.

Anyway, I’ve gone through several dealers to order but none will do it. How did you order one? Did you go into dealership or from Toyota website? Thank you for info.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcfd1075 View Post
I ordered the same color combination, mine was supposed to be built today but so far I haven't heard from the dealer. I ordered every option except the panoramic moonroof, which wasn't available because mine is being built in Canada.
That's the thing, I got my update on the car and it is already in Texas being tested.

The car was built in Japan.
The Following User Says Thank You to ben2003 For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (05-14-2019)
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brb_rav4hybrid View Post
Hello, Toyota had a brilliant marketing plan didnít they ( in a cynical tone) ....Delay the Hybrid so that when they do come out the demand outweighs the inventory and we end up ordering and paying several thousand at times above MSRP. I see the gas RAV4 are now highly discounted but Hybrids they canít get them in sooner. I donít understand that inventory issue.

Anyway, Iíve gone through several dealers to order but none will do it. How did you order one? Did you go into dealership or from Toyota website? Thank you for info.
I actually don't think the inventory mess was on purpose (although I am a sunny-side up kind of person). Toyota isn't seeing any of the extra money, the dealers are. I know the dealer we ordered ours from is super cranky because he can't sell what he doesn't have, and he has employees spending tons of their time trying to find cars for customers.

To "order" we talked to the inventory manager, who took a $500 refundable deposit, along with a list of our preferred colors and options. He asked for ranking on what features/colors we absolutely had to have or not, and then said we'd be on his list. We got a call only a few days later, because he was able to trade for one... got almost everything except no pano roof. It is supposed to be here next week, which is far better than what he originally thought it would take.

So I guess we didn't really order it, we got on a waitlist for a car once more inventory became available. I'm still surprised no one will do that for you? You might try out of town dealers and just get it shipped to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page