XSE Tech vs Limited - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm content to wait for the XSE I ordered. Still no date. Specs: silver with black roof, tech, weather, pano roof, premium audio, weather liner package. $35,922 out the door price.

I really like the look of the XSE (black painted wheels, black roof, black seats with blue stitching, piano black trim, blue interior lighting) and don't need the extra features and cost of the Limited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
The black interior immediately ruled out the XSE for me, way too hot for the area I live in. I do wish I could get the XSE wheels on the Limited though, I think they look great with the exterior colors.

My Album
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited Magnetic Grey
[Sold] 2012 RAV4 Limited Pyrite 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2008 RAV4 Gold 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2001 RAV4 Silver 2.0L 2WD 5DR
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Thanked 1,056 Times in 878 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammysohal View Post
Thanks for correction...I fear anything aftermarket especially with a new car
Toyota dealers install aftermarket electronics and other products routinely, the key is proper installation, if you don't know what you're doing, don't try this at home.

2019 XLE Premium AWD

post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeviewer View Post
The Limited has the birds eye view monitor. . . It also had the kick motion . . .
With the additional $1605 package. Although $580 of that is for the upgraded audio.
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It's XSE for me. I call it the goldilocks trim. Just right.
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
With the additional $1605 package. Although $580 of that is for the upgraded audio.
I should have made it clear that I was responding to a Canadian where, I believe those are included in the Limited. They are indeed part of the extra cost Tech package in the U.S.
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
I should have made it clear that I was responding to a Canadian where, I believe those are included in the Limited. They are indeed part of the extra cost Tech package in the U.S.
In Canada the packages are MUCH broader. There’s very few small options, like adaptive headlights or a panoramic moonroof for example. JBL upgrade is packaged either with XSE tech or Limited, can’t recall which. Limited comes with a higher tier of entune but not sure what that entails exactly.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Oops. I missed that, I already knew, had even posted, about the JBL system being standard on the Limited in Canada.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rammysohal View Post
With the never ending wait for XSEs I'm getting a bit impatient.

There's a Limited Hybrid available on a dealer 1 hour away.

I'm just curious what this community thinks. Wait for 3 Months (best case) for XSE or just bite the bullet and get a Limited (CAD $1200ish extra)

What does your SWOT analysis say guys?
I have the exact same dilemma--XSE or limited. If I could take the sport-suspension and the exterior, primarily the suspension, and move it to the limited, this would be easy decision. I do like the Bird's eye / 360 view and the adaptable front headlights from the limited, but the handling is not the same when compared to the XSE.

As posted in one of the other threads, yesterday, I test drove an XSE, and I was thoroughly impressed with the handling. For reference, I have been driving a 2017 BMW X1 for the last 2.5 years. The BMW X1 is a "fake" BMW and has a front-wheel drive bias, but it has a very sophisticated AWD system and handles very well compared to vehicles in his class. During my test drive of the XSE, I literally drove around exit ramps in Northern Virginia at 60 MPH to the point that the tires were squealing, and I was praying that the DSC would kick in before I killed myself. :-) The car was extremely stable and sure footed, and the DSC never jumped in to stop the fun. Of course, I would not have been able to drive like a maniac had the salesperson been in the vehicle with me...my lucky day.

The XSE vehicle handles very well with the sport-tuned suspension. It does make a difference if handling is important to you. I did not find the suspension harsh during normal driving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2182.jpg (280.3 KB, 28 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to alpha06 For This Useful Post:
rammysohal (05-02-2019)
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It's funny so many people decided to go with the Limited due, in part, to the XSE's black headliner. That is precisely why I am walking away from a Limited at the last minute and heading to the other side of the state for an XSE. The Limited's cream/tan headliner looks awful with the black softex interior. I didn't realize this until I literally showed up to the lot to buy my reserved Gray Metallic Limited. No thanks. The black on black combo in the XSE is far more visually appealing to me.

Other than the differences listed above, are there any other major differences between the two hybrid trims? Planning to pick up an XSE next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page