Disappointed with Hybrid Trims - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
XSE and Limited hybrid color choices are lacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuuber89 View Post
I feel like Toyota really dropped the ball on the trim levels for the hybrid models. In my opinion, they should have skipped the LE hybrid and offered the XLE Premium as a hybrid. First off, it would shift the price point up which would be to their advantage. Also, who really is willing to purchase a bare bones LE, yet pay the premium for a hybrid? (Just jump up to the XLE which still has cloth seats and is a better value as packaged) Enjoy the following conversation between the voice in my head and the salesperson at the dealership whom also happens to be in my head:

So the cheapest hybrid with softex seats is the XSE. Great, awesome... oh it has a black headliner? cool, oh center of the seats are cloth? fine, that's not bad. But by softex, we actually mean only black softex... Whatever I'd like a grey option but I can live with it.

Ok, what color exterior do you want? black roof with... ... ... umm can you just not paint the roof black? I already settled for the full black interior, starting to get a little depressed here.

Well check out this wonderful Limited hybrid, it's only our top and most expensive trim, but you can have any color softex interior and any color exterior... as long as its neither of the two new fun colors we've released such as lunar rock or blue flame.

I'm hoping Toyota will shake up the trim levels for 2020 or 2021, not out of the question since they'll be adding the TRD off-Road trim for 2020. They also did some shifting from year to year for the 2016-2018 facelift/hybrid models. Ok I'm done, just had to get that out. Everyone get back to work now.
Yeah, I’m disappointed too that you cant get a hybrid in either XSE or Limited trims in the new lunar rock color...also not crazy about a black roof...so my next choice is silver sky in the Limited...as noted, perhaps Toyota shakes things up in 2020 and offers the new colors in Limited and XSE trims. Heck, if they want to sell 100k of the rav4 hybrids per year, how about giving customers some fun color options.

Jim
2014 Honda CRV EXL
2017 Lexus ES 300h
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrayoden View Post
Yeah, I’m disappointed too that you cant get a hybrid in either XSE or Limited trims in the new lunar rock color...also not crazy about a black roof...so my next choice is silver sky in the Limited...
Ditto! It would have been Lunar Rock, no brainer. I guess it's just not snobby enough for the Limited. I had asked for an XSE but changed that, today, to a silver Limited. The black roof was one of the factors for me as well
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eguy View Post
If you want a custom car, buy a luxury car. You can get a Porsche with a $$,$$$ paint job with any interior. The simple matter is that it's a Toyota. They aren't going to make tons of variants when people are buying the most popular ones, which I am sure they have done research on (silver/black/white). Yes, I agree. It is lame, but that's what you get when you buy from a car maker that doesn't do factory custom orders. I'd love a Hybrid Limited in Blue Flame or Lunar Rock but it's not going to happen in 2019. I happened to like my Pyrite 4.3 and thought they should keep offering it as a color!

Ok, well if “it’s just a Toyota” with few attractive options then price it like a Yugo. In this price range it’s overpriced for the result. Geez. Somebody needs to get real here.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrayoden View Post
Yeah, I’m disappointed too that you cant get a hybrid in either XSE or Limited trims in the new lunar rock color...also not crazy about a black roof...so my next choice is silver sky in the Limited...
Ditto! It would have been Lunar Rock, no brainer. I guess it's just not snobby enough for the Limited. I had asked for an XSE but changed that, today, to a silver Limited. The black roof was one of the factors for me as well
I ordered a Blue Flame XLE. Would have upgraded to Limited in a heartbeat if it was an option. I needed a color besides Red (or dark blue that looks like dark gray in cloudy MN).
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
You also can get your choice of any stitching and even where you want and don't want the stitching on a Porsche but you are also probably talking a typical 25-50% of the price in options. I've seen cars with 40 options.

In a car I'm probably going to spend thousands of hours in, the extra costs for the various trim levels seem moderate compared to insurance, gas and out of warranty maintenance over the life of the car.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJoe View Post
Ok, well if “it’s just a Toyota” with few attractive options then price it like a Yugo. In this price range it’s overpriced for the result. Geez. Somebody needs to get real here.
It's really not overpriced though. It's pretty competitively priced, even maxed out at $40k. The NX Hybrid is another $10k and a RDX is another $7k. That's not bad when those are "luxury" SUVs.

My Album
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited Magnetic Grey
[Sold] 2012 RAV4 Limited Pyrite 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2008 RAV4 Gold 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2001 RAV4 Silver 2.0L 2WD 5DR
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Garage
I'm still pissed that the XSE HV is only available with black roof and black interior.

2019 Hybrid Limited
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
I thought that was the advantage of owning instead of leasing, once you own it you can paint it any color you want.

99 Rav4 in Quicksilver
AWD & LSD with Moon Roof. Power Everything, except the manual Leather Seats and Transmission.
Selectable DRL, Inactive ABS, In-dash CB with Wilson roof-mount antenna, Clearance 10'8".
2.0l 5-speed.
86 Ford Truck
420ci 8-speed.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I'm still pissed that the XSE HV is only available with black roof and black interior.
Easy solution to that, get a Limited. That's what I ultimately did after first ordering an XSE. Any reason you're opposed to that? At first I was cheaping out but then calculated that it's only 7% more for the Limited. The 7% solution as it were. You get the PKSB/Intelligent Sonar Clearance safety feature, full Softex seats, the JBLs are only $580 more, yada, yada, yada.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eguy View Post
It's really not overpriced though. It's pretty competitively priced, even maxed out at $40k. The NX Hybrid is another $10k and a RDX is another $7k. That's not bad when those are "luxury" SUVs.
Those CUVs are from luxury brands and aren't in the same class as the RAV4. The RAV4 is expensive compared to other mainstream CUVs like the CR-V, CX-5, Forester, Tuscon, and Rogue. Only the Tiguan maxes out at $40k like the RAV4. The rest max out around $35k or less and you can get bigger discounts on all of them since they've been out longer than the RAV4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement