Disappointed with Hybrid Trims - Page 5 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgriff411 View Post
Dang ALL these trim levels, along w/ the extra packages etc. is the one thing that totally drives me nutz about the way Toyota does things. I'm sure when it comes down to deciding what model to get, I'll end up not settling for something less than what I'd like.
I agree. I prefer the way luxury manufactures do it where you can get whatever you want, but you pay the price for it. Toyota can't make a car for everyone so this is the way they compromise. I'd love to get a Blue Flame or Lunar Rock Limited with adaptive headlights and the pano roof but that's clearly never happening.

My Album
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited Magnetic Grey
[Sold] 2012 RAV4 Limited Pyrite 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2008 RAV4 Gold 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2001 RAV4 Silver 2.0L 2WD 5DR
The Following User Says Thank You to eguy For This Useful Post:
jgriff411 (05-15-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eguy View Post
If you want a custom car, buy a luxury car. You can get a Porsche with a $$,$$$ paint job with any interior. The simple matter is that it's a Toyota. They aren't going to make tons of variants when people are buying the most popular ones, which I am sure they have done research on (silver/black/white). Yes, I agree. It is lame, but that's what you get when you buy from a car maker that doesn't do factory custom orders.
VW, hardly luxury, is basically selling you a custom paint job. This should be enough colors to satisfy most...just sayin'

To add some spice to the Volkswagen Golf R, we thought VW should give US buyers the same outrageous paint job options offered in the Canadian market. Much to our surprise, VW listened and decided to open up its Spektrum Program for the 2019 Golf R in the United States.

For $2,500, Golf R buyers can now choose from one of 40 available colors, instead of the five no-cost options. Custom colors are available from luxury automakers such as Audi, BMW, and Porsche but VW is the first mainstream automaker to offer such a cool option. We had a chance to speak with Megan Closset, Product Manager for the Golf family, about the Spektrum Program and couldn't believe how much effort goes into these fantastic paint jobs.

https://carbuzz.com/features/choosin...-is-a-big-deal
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVRAV View Post
VW, hardly luxury, is basically selling you a custom paint job. This should be enough colors to satisfy most...just sayin'

To add some spice to the Volkswagen Golf R, we thought VW should give US buyers the same outrageous paint job options offered in the Canadian market. Much to our surprise, VW listened and decided to open up its Spektrum Program for the 2019 Golf R in the United States.

For $2,500, Golf R buyers can now choose from one of 40 available colors, instead of the five no-cost options. Custom colors are available from luxury automakers such as Audi, BMW, and Porsche but VW is the first mainstream automaker to offer such a cool option. We had a chance to speak with Megan Closset, Product Manager for the Golf family, about the Spektrum Program and couldn't believe how much effort goes into these fantastic paint jobs.

https://carbuzz.com/features/choosin...-is-a-big-deal
The VW TIguan is a higher tier than the Rav4 (even limited) in my opinion. You can't really compare it to a Rav4. Think of how many people world-wide would spend $2500 on a paint color for the Rav4. THey are already complaining that it is too expensive, even on R4W.

My Album
2019 RAV4 Hybrid Limited Magnetic Grey
[Sold] 2012 RAV4 Limited Pyrite 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2008 RAV4 Gold 3.5L V6 4WD 5DR
[Sold] 2001 RAV4 Silver 2.0L 2WD 5DR

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would pay an extra $2,500 for a special paint color. I tend to hold my cars for 10-20 years.

I have been just reading this thread for a year or so. My 2002 Lexus RX300 is still going strong but a RAV4 hybrid is my first choice if I should need/want to replace it.

bob2200
Silver Spring, Maryland
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Seriously people. Once you get one of these bad boys, or girls since I named mine May, all this sniveling evaporates. I too whined for a bit, mostly about the inability to get the Limited in Lunar Rock. But guess what. The Silver Sky is georgeous. "Silver" is a bit of a misnomer; it's not the silver of my Highlander or my wife's Avalon, it's more of a medium gray, darker and more "muscular". I suspect the Ruby Flair or the Magnetic Gray would have been great also if that's what I ended up with. Believe me, I'm a picky guy, my wife and sisters could go on for hours about it. This car is awesome.

I didn't want the side moulding nor the mud guards but I accepted them to obviate another two months of waiting. Guess what. . . they're just fine, glad I have them. I'm looking forward to having the car "broken in" so I can improve on the miserable 42.2 MPG I'm currently getting. Also looking forward to getting bored enough with the JBL system to not sit out in the vehicle two hours past my bedtime listening to tunes. Looking forward to an excuse to take a road trip. Not a tinge of buyer's remorse.
The Following User Says Thank You to bpedit For This Useful Post:
VonJot (05-16-2019)
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I can only 100% agree to that. The color is awesome, and changes from a deeper gunmetal like gray to a deep and rich silvergray. So just about 50 shades of gray. I think i will call her "Anastasia"

2019 RAV4 Hybrid AWD Innovation (EU)
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Cracking up here, you remind me of myself when my custom ordered (1st year production early build) Corvette C7 with the Z51 package arrived and my 1st night in the garage with her. She was Torch Red and had already been named "Lola". While sitting on a stool and admiring her I realized I'd consumed nearly 1/2 bottle of Cabernet. I thought through the developing haze how silly that was. So I ducked into the kitchen to get some crackers & cheese. Then it made more sense to just finish the bottle LOL.

My Blizzard white Limited w/Advanced Tech pkg, weather pkg, all weather mats and Premium Audio JBL etc should arrive between the end of this month and June 5th to replace my Honda Clarity PHEV that was totaled. Experiencing lots of anticipation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
Also looking forward to getting bored enough with the JBL system to not sit out in the vehicle two hours past my bedtime listening to tunes.

Jim M
North Fulton County GA
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
As one who got the pretty much most basic of Rav LE hybrids, I gotta say Iím loving it. The cloth seats were exactly what I wanted. The silver is a great rich color. TSS is awesome. Itís smooth as silk. The 42+ mpg so far is about twice the mpg I was getting with my Ď13 Limited gas Rav with way better power/smooth acceleration/ride quality. To those who expressed a wish the LE did not exist as a hybrid I would say Iím sure glad you didnít get your wish.

2019 Rav4 LE Hybrid
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravvydoog19 View Post
As one who got the pretty much most basic of Rav LE hybrids, I gotta say Iím loving it. The cloth seats were exactly what I wanted. The silver is a great rich color. TSS is awesome. Itís smooth as silk. The 42+ mpg so far is about twice the mpg I was getting with my Ď13 Limited gas Rav with way better power/smooth acceleration/ride quality. To those who expressed a wish the LE did not exist as a hybrid I would say Iím sure glad you didnít get your wish.
But for $1,800 more could of still had cloth seats plus:
  • LED Projector Headlights
  • Fog Lights
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Smart Key entry
  • Push Button Start
  • Color-matched heated side mirrors
  • 4 more USB ports
  • and a cargo area cover!
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuuber89 View Post
But for $1,800 more could of still had cloth seats plus:
  • LED Projector Headlights
  • Fog Lights
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Smart Key entry
  • Push Button Start
  • Color-matched heated side mirrors
  • 4 more USB ports
  • and a cargo area cover!
I do have the BSM option which includes RCTA and color-matched heated side mirrors. Iíve found that I never used my fog lights when I had them. I admit I miss Push Button Start and would like a few more USB ports. As in the past I make my own cargo cover and it works great and rolls up when I donít need it. Is that list worth another $1800. No.

2019 Rav4 LE Hybrid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement