XSE Delivery Wait Times in US? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavylunch View Post
We ordered ours on 3/5 and still don't have it. It has been state side in Portland, OR for almost a month I believe. Not sure what is going on at the port, but we test drove a Subaru too and they independently mentioned they still haven't gotten their April allotment too, were expecting it to be almost a month late. No idea.
I'm in Seattle and put a deposit down late last month for a XSE already on the way and the dealer said I would initially have it by the middle of this month. After texting him yesterday for an update, he said the same thing as you that it arrived in the US but it's stuck at the port. He said hope for end of the month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcfd1075 View Post
My RAV4 Hybrid Limited was built in Canada on May 3rd, the dealer says it should be delivered this week.
My Hybrid Limited was built May 2nd, and was scheduled to arrive in Toronto today (May 7). The dealer told me today it didn't arrive... now I have to wait until next week.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just found out my vehicle being assembled as we speak in Ontario. (Placed the order 4/15 from the dealer). Weird that my vehicle speciation sheet said the order date was in March? How long does it usually take to assemble a XSE? Also surprised that my vehicle was being manufactured in Ontario and not Japan where my dealer said it as going to be made. Really excited to get vehicle. Being manufactured in Ontario, should I expect too get the vehicle a week after it is assembled?

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam View Post
I'm in Seattle and put a deposit down late last month for a XSE already on the way and the dealer said I would initially have it by the middle of this month. After texting him yesterday for an update, he said the same thing as you that it arrived in the US but it's stuck at the port. He said hope for end of the month
Seattle here as well. Which dealer did you go with? Im buying from Foothills Toyota because their tax rate is nearly 2% lower, aka saving myself nearly a grand.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Well what a roller coaster ride... yesterday, a major low as I was told by my dealer that the car did not arrive as scheduled (after being told last week that it would arrive by the scheduled date). Then, less than 24 hours later (this morning) I get an email from the dealer asking to confirm a delivery appointment for tomorrow... WHAT?!? Super psyched about it nevertheless.
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I got lucky. My Magnetic Grey XSE took 10 days. 9 actually, because I didn't pick it up until the day after I got "the call."

Went to the dealer, plunked down my $500, was told 8-10 weeks. A few hours later, I got a call that my 2nd choice color (silver) would be available in 2.5 weeks - something about a swap between dealers. 9 days later, I got a call around dinner time that a reserved car's buyer failed to secure his/her loan so my 1st choice color is mine if I was interested. Bought it the next day.

Told the salesman that every time he called, it felt like xmas.

TLDR - I think the long wait times are done on purpose. 1) to drive up demand and 2) to under-promise and over-deliver. Win-Win.

Good luck to all that are still waiting. Hopefully, you'll get "the call" earlier than expect too!
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm so very confused ... I'm in ontario, placed my order for XSE April 4th and still have no updates ...
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhang1086 View Post
I'm so very confused ... I'm in ontario, placed my order for XSE April 4th and still have no updates ...
That's not a surprise seeing how constrained the XSE supply is. Maybe the majority of the XSEs made in Canada are being shipped to the US to fulfill demand there.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Picking up my Rav XSE today at 5 pm. Order it on April 15. Will miss my tundra but I am moving on to different phase in my life and no longer need a truck. Really looking forward having the sporty Rav4 that gets great gas mileage.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
XSE supply extremely low

I've been using this website buysideauto.com to track car inventory (currently shows only California inventory). It provides inventory down to the trim level, which is pretty cool. Currently, only 3 XSE within 100 miles of me!! When I bought my XSE about a month ago, there were about 12 available.

If you switch the filter to non-Hybrid, you can see so many gas model RAV4 available (and with much larger discounts).

https://buysideauto.com/inventory?de...lowest%20price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement