1 Month with the XSE - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Greetings,

Sun rays, green grass, tree budding and gun's out blazing, off to the gym I go in my blizzard pearl with black roof XSE Hybrid! I've now put 2k on the odometer including almost 1K on a road trip driving this thing routinely now is normalized and the RAV4 is living up to my expectations!

I have decided to switch that drive button a little more often to red now, makes me feel like real bad boy! O Yaa, that speed boost! Eco mode that's for the wife haa haa! In the night the glow of the Red sport mode button and the red lines and glow on the dashboard
feels like I piloting a Tie Fighter! I just can't wait for the next instalment btw. All around this hybrid is great on gas, don't feel to like I have to keep driving on ECO mode to be most efficient as much as my first couple weeks with it. I guess I might be over the hybrid fascination somewhat. Though secretly I might be lying cuz I am a miser.

I've washed the Rav only once so far, I think it just looks good dirty. No seriously. I do notice the dirt/ dust forms grey streaks over the ever present angular lines on the vehicle. When it rains I also notice a little water follows inside from the top of door or the roof, it splashed on to side of seat. I mean it's not bad butI don't remember that from previous car. Once it stopped raining and I opened door water fell from roof onto seat side. Really not a big deal, but something I noticed. C'mon guys know it's raining and if I get into a car while it is i should expect... anyhow just wondering if it is a design element that could have been changed to channel water off better...

I wish when I turn off the car the radio would not stops playing until I step out of car. If I am waiting on someone and I shut off car with music playing I have to press start button again without stepping on pedal to activate the accessories power. Wait actually did it start back after a 30 seconds on it's own.. hmmm.

I have been trying to park at end of lots and a little further to avoid car dings but not sure how long I could keep it up up. The mouldings that you can buy for doors do not look appealing to me and does not enhance the lines. I would like to keep it ding free for at least 7months right?

The Rav drivability is great. It's effortless to get into and drive. It's not harsh, its not overly plush, it steers easy and the seats are comfortable. It's not noisy. I have enough room for passengers, kids, dog, groceries and gym bag. I have had zero issues thus far. This is a testament to the build quality of Made in Canada I'm sure! I Salute to Cambrige and Woodstock! The impression I have at the end of the day is the assurances of the Toyota reliability of a well balanced veekle (love that spelling?) This is not Lexus, why should I want more. If i did i would have worked harder in life to afford one!

I do see a lot of 2019 Rav's on the road now in Toronto, Canada but, have not seen another XSE as yet. Is it me or when you compare the price for the XSE in Canada to USA it works out way better here? I notice a long wait still with barely any extra incentives or deals. It's worth the wait to get the XSE if that's what you want and paying the MSP. But do try get something to make you feel good. I notice a few second looks still but mostly from Dad's whom might be thinking it's a smart practical next purchase for the family. This is exactly what I feel it is. The RAV just goes about it's business doing what it's suppose to do. Until next month, Godspeed ahead!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 59DE2EC2-F247-4F39-92A2-80E2577DE1B9_1557421317335.jpg (190.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg F3191B88-F048-40DF-BF7D-C9B41B40CCAF_1557421332482.jpg (127.5 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Awesome to hear your review! Makes me excited to take delivery on mine.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
You need to scoot further to the left in that parking spot. Take advantage of more space and less door dings! :-p

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
2011 Hyundai Sonata Ltd (to be replaced)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page