Waiting for 2020? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Those tariffs are scaring the p!$$ out of Canada. His stated intent was to apply it universally including against Canada and Mexico, despite NAFTA and the CUSMA that has yet to be ratified by any of the three signatory countries. Under current treaties and US legislation, vehicles with a certain content produced within the NAFTA area are considered fully domestic in the USA. CUSMA will reduce that percentage but the language will remain. The curious part is that despite final assembly happening in Ontario, Canada, a vehicle could actually be built with mostly parts from the USA, making it domestic for you. Conversely a car assembled in Kentucky with parts mixed from all three countries can also be considered domestic. It comes down to the spirit of partnership and shared prosperity in the original intent of the 1994 treaty. We have seen the flip side where more and more vehicles are having final assembly in Mexico due to the labour rates and other reasons, moving final production away from Canada and the US.

Back to the original comment, no we dont get RAV4s produced in China, but only the tariffs against China have been in the news lately. His original tariff proposal was against ALL non-USA auto production, including Japan, Germany, and the NAFTA partners, Canadian and Mexico. I do hope it was just posturing for negotiations. If you think this weeks market results are significant, wait until the Auto tariffs are put in place - I, and many people smarter than me, are scared of the impacts if that happens.

Current Fleet (of 2)
2012 RAV4 2.5 2WD Base
2017 Golf TSi Auto

Easy now, it's actually our 3rd Toyota!
The Following User Says Thank You to Foryota For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (05-10-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Irony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foryota View Post
Those tariffs are scaring the p!$$ out of Canada. His stated intent was to apply it universally including against Canada and Mexico, despite NAFTA and the CUSMA that has yet to be ratified by any of the three signatory countries. Under current treaties and US legislation, vehicles with a certain content produced within the NAFTA area are considered fully domestic in the USA. CUSMA will reduce that percentage but the language will remain. The curious part is that despite final assembly happening in Ontario, Canada, a vehicle could actually be built with mostly parts from the USA, making it domestic for you. Conversely a car assembled in Kentucky with parts mixed from all three countries can also be considered domestic. It comes down to the spirit of partnership and shared prosperity in the original intent of the 1994 treaty. We have seen the flip side where more and more vehicles are having final assembly in Mexico due to the labour rates and other reasons, moving final production away from Canada and the US.

Back to the original comment, no we dont get RAV4s produced in China, but only the tariffs against China have been in the news lately. His original tariff proposal was against ALL non-USA auto production, including Japan, Germany, and the NAFTA partners, Canadian and Mexico. I do hope it was just posturing for negotiations. If you think this weeks market results are significant, wait until the Auto tariffs are put in place - I, and many people smarter than me, are scared of the impacts if that happens.
Its ironic we now have a person in charge who lost over $1B in his own businesses over 10 years, making decisions about trillions of dollars in a global economy that was working pretty good before he started tampering with trading partner agreements. Even most of his political party dont believe tariffs are the answer, but are afraid to stand up to him. For a glimpse of the future, just ask the soy bean farmers in the midwest who have almost totally lost the soy bean market in China, how things have worked out for them.

Jim
2014 Honda CRV EXL
2017 Lexus ES 300h
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimrayoden For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (05-12-2019), quest4val (05-11-2019)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrayoden View Post
Its ironic we now have a person in charge who lost over $1B in his own businesses over 10 years, making decisions about trillions of dollars in a global economy that was working pretty good before he started tampering with trading partner agreements. Even most of his political party dont believe tariffs are the answer, but are afraid to stand up to him. For a glimpse of the future, just ask the soy bean farmers in the midwest who have almost totally lost the soy bean market in China, how things have worked out for them.
How has your 401K performed the past 2.5 years?
How is unemployment doing?
How is the total employed number?
How many manufacturing jobs have ben lost the last 2.5 years?

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:55 AM

Money isnt everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno001 View Post
How has your 401K performed the past 2.5 years?
How is unemployment doing?
How is the total employed number?
How many manufacturing jobs have ben lost the last 2.5 years?
My 401k has done great, but it was also great under 8 years of Obama (up 149%)
The tax cuts have been good for corporations and upper income families, but the average American not so much.
I am doing well financially but would gladly give up all the gains in the stock market under Trump if he would step down.
The Russians have meddled in our elections since 2016 and Trump will not stand up to Putin even though all our intelligence agencies agree the Russians are guilty of the activity documented in the Mueller report.
Our democratic institutions have been tested but will survive. Much damage has been done, and Trump will go down as the worst President in history.

Jim
2014 Honda CRV EXL
2017 Lexus ES 300h
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimrayoden For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (05-12-2019), Richieboy67 (05-11-2019), Riley5781 (05-11-2019)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
So, getting back to the OP's question on the 2020 timing-does anyone have a guess? I am looking at getting a ride in late summer time frame but don't think the 2020's will come till late Fall.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Android Auto Update Coming to 2019 Rav4

A US Toyota dealer confirmed this to me yesterday. So, at least that would not be a reason to hold out for 2020.
https://www.caradvice.com.au/754127/...-android-auto/
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:26 PM

2020 in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorne View Post
So, getting back to the OP's question on the 2020 timing-does anyone have a guess? I am looking at getting a ride in late summer time frame but don't think the 2020's will come till late Fall.
Someone mentioned the 2020 rav4s coming in November, but dont know the exact source or how accurate it was...you might try asking your local dealer as they should know...

Jim
2014 Honda CRV EXL
2017 Lexus ES 300h
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Hey android users. Can you, without Car Play, play music through a cable or are you restricted to Bluetooth?

Just got my HV Limited yesterday, with the JBL speakers. I wasn't intending to but I inadvertantly did a test. While listening to Bluetooth, I plugged my iPhone in by cable. The music quality increased dramatically. I knew this should happen in theory but whoa!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
Hey android users. Can you, without Car Play, play music through a cable or are you restricted to Bluetooth?

Just got my HV Limited yesterday, with the JBL speakers. I wasn't intending to but I inadvertantly did a test. While listening to Bluetooth, I plugged my iPhone in by cable. The music quality increased dramatically. I knew this should happen in theory but whoa!

This was possible with my 2012s Bluetooth when I had an android phone.

Current Fleet (of 2)
2012 RAV4 2.5 2WD Base
2017 Golf TSi Auto

Easy now, it's actually our 3rd Toyota!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrayoden View Post
Someone mentioned the 2020 rav4s coming in November, but dont know the exact source or how accurate it was...you might try asking your local dealer as they should know...

November is about what I was thinking. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page