Best dealer with allocations in Washington State - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Best dealer with order allocations in Washington State

When I ordered my 2010 Camaro in 2009, there were all kinds of issues with finding dealers with allocations so my order would not be delayed while they waited for one. I was also able to find a dealer who would order my 2LT for a good price (invoice plus $500 IIRC) when most were asking MSRP or MORE!

I'm thinking I may need to order a Hybrid XSE or Limited to get just what I want when I'm ready for it (a month+ out due to a house refi--see my other thread).

Can anyone suggest a dealer near me (or not near me, I guess), that can do an order for a good price and get it in 6 to 10 weeks?

Thanks.

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not sure what part of the state you're in, but Burien Toyota does Costco pricing. I know when I bought my Rav4 hybrid from Five Star Toyota in Aberdeen that I had them beat the Costco pricing easily. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you more info. I went to school with half the crew and have been dealing with them for years now. Even when I shop around, I keep coming back to them as they've either beat the competition or been within just a couple hundred dollars and I'm not driving across the state for less than $500.

As far as making an order and 6-10 weeks, Toyota can only build vehicles and ship them so fast. But a good dealer will find what you want and get it for you in less time than that. Just depends on what you want. Remember, some items were discontinued for a temporary time as they could not keep up with the demand for some items.

James
2019 Toyota Rav4 LE Hybrid

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Don't know whether this would be helpful, but when I wanted my very specifically and rather unusually configured RAV4 my dealer in Oregon found exactly what I wanted at a dealer in Vancouver, WA. and obtained it for me via a swap.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Thanked 1,075 Times in 892 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydogno1 View Post
Can anyone suggest a dealer near me (or not near me, I guess), that can do an order for a good price and get it in 6 to 10 weeks?
Near you where in the state? There are several dealers in the Vancouver WA/Portland OR area that have many HVs on their websites, you can see those website by going to www.toyota.com and enter a zip code at the top of the page and then choose Find a Dealer, then you can go to each dealer website and see what inventory they have or will be getting. My local dealer, Vancouver Toyota has had several limited in stock, but they don't last long, they call me regularly when they get one in so I can do a test drive, but it's always sold before I can get out there, they only have XLEs and LEs, usually when I'm there, they had a silver XSE last time I was there, but it's no longer on the website, they have a gray XSE on the site now, no Limited. Beaverton Toyota has several Limiteds on their site as well as Wilsonville, but not many in stock, Beaverton has discounts of $1500-$1800 off MSRP on HVs.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in western WA and got mine from a dealer in Portland. You just have to call and shop around, dealers say they can search all dealers, but I discovered that this is not true. If they are considered in direct completion, they will not trade vehicles with that dealership.

I started at I-5 Toyota in Chehalis, they told me it would be a month, come to find out a day to late, that Toyota of Olympia had the model/packages that I wanted in stock. When I asked I-5 WTF, they let on that some dealers will not "trade with them" so I started my own search.

The dealer in Olympia and the one in Longview was helpful in locating the one I wanted. Got one in a week.

Good luck
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sorry...thought I had said South Puget Sound. I live between Olympia and Tacoma.

I have visited Toyota dealers in Tacoma and Olympia. Toyota of Olympia is a HUGE dealership and new. They even have a cafe inside! Not sure if that means they sell a lot of cars for good prices, or if they have a huge mortgage to cover!

Again...my timeline of 6 to 10 weeks is not just about getting a car. I CAN'T buy one until my home refinance finishes in 3 or 4 weeks and then let my current debts all report new balances to the credit bureaus.

Rob
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In 6 to 10 weeks you should have no problem getting the exact model you want. Maybe wait till Memorial weekend to put a deposit down, they may have some incentives.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydogno1 View Post
Sorry...thought I had said South Puget Sound. I live between Olympia and Tacoma.

I have visited Toyota dealers in Tacoma and Olympia. Toyota of Olympia is a HUGE dealership and new. They even have a cafe inside! Not sure if that means they sell a lot of cars for good prices, or if they have a huge mortgage to cover!

Again...my timeline of 6 to 10 weeks is not just about getting a car. I CAN'T buy one until my home refinance finishes in 3 or 4 weeks and then let my current debts all report new balances to the credit bureaus.

Rob
Sent you a PM. I'm in Seattle and I've emailed/talked to all the dealers in WA and negotiated pretty hard. Most don't even care to talk price off MSRP because of inventory. I got $500 under invoice. Still waiting for my car to come this month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page