Wait times for Limited in USA - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Angry Wait times for Limited in USA

So I ordered a Hybrid Limited on April 3rd with my dealer (AutoNation Toyota in Houston). I went to see them yesterday and they said the order is still not showing a build date and they can see out to the end of June at this point. How long has it been taking for other people who ordered the Limited in this country?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I ordered my Limited the 3rd week in March, the dealer allocation came available a week and a half later, it was built on May 3rd in Woodstock Ontario, Canada and delivered on May 7th.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjventre View Post
So I ordered a Hybrid Limited on April 3rd with my dealer (AutoNation Toyota in Houston). I went to see them yesterday and they said the order is still not showing a build date and they can see out to the end of June at this point. How long has it been taking for other people who ordered the Limited in this country?
Did you get one with a panoramic sunroof or adaptive front headlights? If it has a panoramic sunroof it's likely built in Japan which might be the reason for the delay. Those built in Canada should be built within a few weeks after ordering. My hybrid limited (Canadian model built in Cambridge, ON) was ordered on April 17 and it was built on May 2.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is some kind of delay on the models coming from Japan. Two dealerships told me they are stuck at port and it's looking like a mid to late summer release. We ended up canceling our reservation after waiting 2 months and going with a Canada model (adaptive headlights over pano roof).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
The thing is... Did you do a custom order or did the dealer searched the inventory for a match for you?

I put a reservation fee on April 15 for a Hybrid Limited that was already allocated to the area (Gulf states), the build date was early May and I was told that last week it's been built and already landed in Texas for additional testing + optional accessory installation.

I am hoping to receive it by the end of this month or early next month!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
So I did do the Pano roof. Coming from Japan obviously. And I ordered it. I didn't just reserve one already in the pipeline. Not exactly sure what to do at this point. I don't want to have to wait until end of summer. June is fine but August and beyond I might as well just wait for a 2020 model.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
So I did do the Pano roof. Coming from Japan obviously. And I ordered it. I didn't just reserve one already in the pipeline. Not exactly sure what to do at this point. I don't want to have to wait until end of summer. June is fine but August and beyond I might as well just wait for a 2020 model.
You're not obligated. Even if you put down a deposit, that can be refunded or transferred. Limited models are turning up at dealers here now, more each week.
If your dealer is doing his job, he should be searching the pipeline for what you want. It's probably out there.

2016 Hybrid Limited with ATP.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm sure the dealer is just giving you a huge buffer. I have a XSE with Pano coming and they told me hopefully end of this month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement