Dash Illumination on Limited and XSE Trim - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Unread Today, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Does anyone use the Blue Ambient dash illumination on there XSE and Limited trims? How is it? Can it be disabled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Unread Today, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
It's very subtle, I had to wait until night time to notice it. It affects the footwells, the two open storage recesses and the center recess where you put your phone for charging or Car Play. I don't see a way, in the manual, to disable it but you would have to be seriously OCD, I mean way more than I am, for it to bother you. My first impression was that it was too subtle to be called a feature, definately not an annoyance.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I agree that it is very subtle. I think it is much brighter in the marketing materials/pictures than in real life. There might be a fuse you can remove to disable the illumination but since the lights are very small circles, I'd recommend getting removable black-out "stickers" from some place like amazon. I bought some to black out my bedroom dvr and laptop camera and they work great! Below is a sample link.

https://www.amazon.com/LightDims-Bla...web_8176578011

Last edited by Rav4_4Me; Today at 12:36 PM. Reason: removed extra carriage returns

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any idea if Toyota sells the extra illumination kit or even has a schematic? I have a '19 Adventure which only comes with the foot and cup holder blue lighting but I would like to add the lights to the recessed storage areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement