View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 08:00 PM
dcmb2003

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
I got part #53341-42100 for the HV hood insulator from a new member here that said he's a Toyota employee, I haven't been able to confirm it on the net since there are no online 2019 listings yet other than the Avalon, a call to the dealer would be the best option until they're published.

https://parts.bernarditoyota.com/oem...ood-5334142100
So I received this hood insulator today and installed it. It was a perfect fit down to the notches, hood support rod and retainer clip holes. You do have to get 6 insulator clips ($1.34 each) when you order the hood insulator. I used a noise decibel measuring app to see if there was a difference before and after. There seems to be about a 50% reduction in peak acceleration sound. Reduction in baseline engine sound was hard to appreciate. It is a 65F day here and the engine was warmed up so it was not that loud to begin with. I will check again in freezing weather this weekend. I was expecting a plastic product but it seemed to be made of cardboardish insulating material. I am not sure if this will be worth 200 dollars for everybody. Don't get it if the noise never bothered you in the first place or if you got used to it or learned how to drive with a light foot. I am just happy not to have to return it and lose money.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0154.jpg (52.5 KB, 136 views)

2019 RAV4 ADVENTURE (AKA 2020 TRD)
The Following User Says Thank You to dcmb2003 For This Useful Post:
RacerX10 (03-18-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome