Toyota RAV4 Forums - View Single Post - Can RAV4 Rear Brake Rotors be turned?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
joe77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Can RAV4 Rear Brake Rotors be turned?

Hello everyone,

Apparently I have been very lucky. After a little over 116,000 miles, the rear brakes on my 2007 RAV4 (V6 Sport) are finished. That's right. over 116,000 miles on the original rear brakes. Shouldn't I get some kind of recognition award from Toyota for this?

The customer service representative at the place where I usually have work completed on this vehicle told me that you cannot turn these rear rotors. I had to buy new ones. I've never heard of this other than if one is to be so negligent as to wait way too long so as to have a metal-to-metal situation.

I inquired of my rep: Does this mean that if these new pads and rotors that are being installed wear out in, say 60,000 miles will I have to buy new rotors at that time again? His answer was a reluctant yes. Reluctant because he knew I didn't want to hear that answer.

I'm posting to this forum looking for some confirmation. Was I taken by the place I had this rear break work done (btw: this was a very reputable national tire franchise operation. I like em. I've purchased two sets of tires from these folks for this vehicle so far) or is it in fact true: you cannot turn rear brake rotors on the RAV4?

Thanks to all for your time in responding.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome