Originally Posted by Dr. Dyno
Keep in mind they probably gave the previous owner $2K for it. I'm not bashful about asking for his/her name and always register cars & trucks I buy myself so I have the title in hand.
I can't get over what the USA dealers ask for a good old Gen2 RAV4...$7,000 for a 2003, yikes !!
- 3 years ago end of June, we bought a mint v6 Limited 4x4 privately
- with 55,600 miles for the equivalent, of $10,000 American money
- at the time, dealers were marking up these cars $5,000 Cdn or $4k US$
I consider good-old Honda CR-V, RAV4 & 4Runners, all hold excellent used resale value.
- few days ago, my brother found a 2005 CR-V top SE AWD model with leather, 82,600 miles
- with AC, heated leather seats, moonroof, all power amenities / 2.4L with 5 seed auto, 4x4
- 2nd owner was 90 y/o and had a stroke, his son listed vehicle on FaceBook & Kijiji
- seller received 52 emails over 18 hours, for purchase / price was $5,000 Cdn equals $4,000 US$
- Honda SUV was a cream puff, always garaged, mint body with perfect original paint / even headlights not hazed
It takes much patience
to find a very clean used vehicle, with good maintenance and not
- my RAV4 took 6 months to find
- brothers CR-V took 10 months to find
- took me 2 years to fall into the purchase of a mint, garage kept 1 senior owner 2000 4Runner SR5 4x4...89k miles