Back door/ gate sensor issue - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 D.I.Y. and Modifications Share your RAV4.1 projects and ideas for future mods here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Back door/ gate sensor issue

Hi, it's been a while since I've posted!

So I've been having this issue where if I go over any bumps, the light on the dash comes on saying a door is open, in this case I'm pretty sure the culprit is the back door/gate, even though it's locked n shut correctly.

Second issue, same problem, driving with the front driver side window down will trip the same sensor saying a door is open. I'm thinking it's cabin pressure as it's usually on the freeway when this happens.

Anyone have any issues similar to these? Would like to get this squared away ASAP since it could possibly be a safety hazard, especially now that I have a son 😀. Thanks guys. - GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
On my 99 model when the door-a-jar light is on, the front or rear dome light will also come on, indicating if it is a front or rear door that triggers the dash-light.

The next step would be to try and move the doors while parked to see if you can trigger the light. Just try to gently push the door more closed, or get inside and try to push the door open. If you can trigger the light, then you are getting close to a solution.

99 Rav4 in Quicksilver
AWD & LSD with Moon Roof. Power Everything, except the manual Leather Seats and Transmission.
Selectable DRL, Inactive ABS, In-dash CB with Wilson roof-mount antenna, Clearance 10'8".
2.0l 5-speed.
86 Ford Truck
420ci 8-speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page