In response to all the 3S-GE and 3S-GTE conversion - Page 8 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.1 D.I.Y. and Modifications Share your RAV4.1 projects and ideas for future mods here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 72 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can confirm the engine (3sgte) works well with the standard RAV4 transmission since i have been using the combo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cube For This Useful Post:
97Awd5spd (03-31-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just dropped in here after a few years away. I have just sold (I think) both of my 1994 RAV4 4.1 model cars both fitted with 3SGTE engines.
The first is running a gen2 3SGTE with a larger turbo CT30? and using an Apexi Power FC ecu; along with GT4 intercooler and large straight thru stainless exhaust; paddle clutch racing spec and 6 pot calipers up front. Wheels are 245/45x18 which work well- Dare Drifts.
I'd stripped the car out and fitted a rollcage along with Konis front and rear then I became unwell. So did the car!! Rust at the sills and inner rear wings meant the bodyshell was useless.... and although I planned a bodyshell swap, it never happened.

The other car also had a gen2 3SGTE, fitted with fast road spec Piper cam; new pistons, rebored block and new crankshaft/seals/bearings. Standard clutch and drivetrain. Air intercooler up front. Great fun on the road but sadly it too has fallen to the rust bug we have in Scotland. I had hoped to combine the best of both cars into 1 good shell, but as I'm 66 now, I'm getting too old for fast cars1

i have a green godddess fire engine to play with - 1955 truck with a 6 cylinder petrol engine (BEDFORD/gm) AND IN GREAT CONDITION. But VERY slow lol.

I am happy to answer any questions around the RAV4 conversions......best time of my life!!

Ian frae Scotland
Running two 1994 RAV4 GX 2DRS, both fitted with 3SGTE turbo engines. Best 1/4 mile 13.4 secs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bothwell_buyer For This Useful Post:
97Awd5spd (03-31-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page