How many miles\how much abuse? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How many miles\how much abuse?

I have a 2006 Rav4 Base I4 with 123926 miles on. I've beat the hell out of it pulling a boom lift a boat and utility trailers. At one point for work I pulled 6000 pounds of tile, half loaded in the Rav half in a trailer. Despite all of that I've only got money in new front struts, rear shocks an TPMS for all five tire. Obvious that excludes tires, brakes and oil changes. It's worth noting that I have an F2AZ engine that burns oil. I missed the "service bulletin" so Toyota denies until they die. I can't fault the vehicle though. It's done more than I can ask. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar experience. I liked my third gen so much, I bought myself a fourth gen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 03:38 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
92k+ miles. Been in one accident involving smashing a cemented down mailbox dead center, where the metal box put a small hole in bottom of windshield, and large boulder scraping front to back, tearing up whole exhaust and pushing radiator back a little. The radiator damage went unnoticed through repairs so the left hose rubbed up against drive belt for around a month or so till it finally tore and puked coolant toasting radiator and thermostat at work, still got me home that day. Sat in garage for couple days while I replaced the parts. I messed up my fender a little bit and had to replace. This has all occurred within 30k miles on odometer and she still eagerly plays as my guardian angel and horseplay friend everyday.😁 And I believe our journey has only begun.

2011 RAV4 base I4
Extra Value Package
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Just under 196K miles. Hit a deer back in 2013.

2010 Rav4 Base

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
We bought ours from a friend last year after he crashed it in a carwash. The front right corner was smashed, headlight, fender, bumper, washer jug, all broken. The front cat had melted and plugged the rear cat, which blew out the exhaust donut and the car had no power and was cooking itself. I cut out the second cat and replaced the front one. I changed the oil, transmission fluid, transfer fluid, diff fluid. Drives great, runs like a top. The car currently has 275,000 miles on it and you would not know it by seeing or driving it. I used it all winter to plow our driveway which is 1/3 mile long. We had 3-4 ft drifts and deep snow every 3-4 days all winter and the rav didn't skip a beat. It plowed our driveway, my mom, my inlaws, my aunt, and my dad's 1/4 mile driveway. It has a few dings here and there from things, but nothing major. We have driven it hard, loaded it with pig feed, pulled trailers of hay, hauled steel, plowed snow, pulled out stuck trucks, driven through 2 feet of water many times, and it keeps on going. I am replacing the struts this week and replacing the rear springs with 3rd row springs. The rockers are rusty, but I am going to weld in steel tubing like the jeep guys do and they will last forever. They should also help with side impact strength. I want a second rav4.

2006 Rav4 Base 4wd I-4
7 Snowsport HD snowplow
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Time and time again our RAV4s certainly have proved to take a hit and keep on chugging.

2011 RAV4 base I4
Extra Value Package
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Bought mine with 65K miles on it. It was a former lease and also POV. I am third owner. has 83K on it now. No one else will ever own this vehicle. Love it. wish I had another one.

2012 Limited V6 4WD
Pyrite Mica
The Following User Says Thank You to Salsaman06 For This Useful Post:
Ike Carlson (04-19-2019)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
We have 143k on our 2011 Rav4 2.5. We purchased it from Hertz as it was 1 year old and had 32k, so it was driven a lot (and probably hard) in 1 year and fine mechanically. Cosmetically it had a few dings and scratches inside and out but pretty good. The toughest thing its done is take a fully loaded 8ft trailer 750 miles when we moved, part of it up some elevation. We didn't do anything except get spring inserts to keep it from bottoming out due to the weight of the trailer. I was impressed how well it towed the weight.

I've kept up with recommended maintenance including changing the transmission fluid twice. The only issues is it's needed 3 batteries, a front wheel bearing (my fault), passenger seat airbag sensor, 3 sets of tires, 3 brake pad changes, and 2 windshields. The front hood/bumper has lots of paint chips and the undercarriage is getting some rust.

We've been very impressed with the vehicle and want to keep it about 2 more years and get something newer once it hits 10 years.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2012 rav4 v6 105k miles, hard abuse even putting heavy stuff in the back whether it's lawn mowers, pressure washers etc. still works great and will never sell it either. from -40 in Canada to 45 degrees Celsius in Nevada.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
06 Rav 4 banger with 231,000 miles on it. Starts up.every.stinking.time. Just can't kill it.

Have used it for hauling mulch, doors, wood, drywall & multiple trips up and down the east coast.

It's no longer a main vehicle for us...but I do try & drive it a few days per week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I just pulled a 12 ft trailer home full of logs. Maybe 2 face cord. NO PROBLEM.

2006 Rav4 Base 4wd I-4
7 Snowsport HD snowplow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page