Canadian V6 Rav owners - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Canadian V6 Rav owners

How do you guys feel about owning the V6 Rav4 (or I guess I4 too since it's similar mileage) given the current fuel prices?

I was thinking about buying one, but the price increase from my current car (1.8T engine, roughly 28-30mpg average) will certainly hurt.

Also, are there any major differences between the V6 engines in 2006-07-08-09, or are they all basically the same?
Sugarkryptonite is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Well my understanding is the motor is the same from 2006 to 2012.

Fuel price... well i paid the car cash. So that helps me rationalize the fuel bill.

If you are going to do a lot of in town driving the v6 sucks gas pretty quickly. But on the highway its really pretty darn good.

Long story short, i put about 45 bucks a week into fuel. I find it reasonable as.i really like the v6 power.
Ravsterv6 is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravsterv6 View Post
Well my understanding is the motor is the same from 2006 to 2012.

Fuel price... well i paid the car cash. So that helps me rationalize the fuel bill.

If you are going to do a lot of in town driving the v6 sucks gas pretty quickly. But on the highway its really pretty darn good.

Long story short, i put about 45 bucks a week into fuel. I find it reasonable as.i really like the v6 power.
Thanks for your reply. How many km do you do in a week on average for that 45 bucks in fuel?
Sugarkryptonite is online now  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
200 to 250.

Im in a lot of traffic to make it into work each morning. I used to have a civic which was much better on gas for sure. This car is averaging mpg wise about 18 roughly.
Ravsterv6 is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 12:02 PM
Member
Country: Ott.'s Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Thanks: 15
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarkryptonite View Post
How do you guys feel about owning the V6 Rav4 (or I guess I4 too since it's similar mileage) given the current fuel prices?

I was thinking about buying one, but the price increase from my current car (1.8T engine, roughly 28-30mpg average) will certainly hurt.

Also, are there any major differences between the V6 engines in 2006-07-08-09, or are they all basically the same?
We have the 2012 V6 and love it. Our
average mileage on the display is usually 10.8 / 100 lt. which is better than with our 4 cylinder Honda Element which is not as aerodynamic, but which is 15 years old and still in daily use. We don't live in the city though.
Ott.
Ott. is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott. View Post
We have the 2012 V6 and love it. Our
average mileage on the display is usually 10.8 / 100 lt. which is better than with our 4 cylinder Honda Element which is not as aerodynamic, but which is 15 years old and still in daily use. We don't live in the city though.
Ott.
Yikes, thanks. Not as good as I would have hoped. I guess if you don't do a lot of mileage it's perfectly fine. Thinking I might have to do 100km a day in decent traffic, fuel bill I calculated would be roughly $4500/year
Sugarkryptonite is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hawk Brake Pads HPS - which part number? MyEeek 4.3 General 5 02-19-2019 10:20 PM
2007 Canadian Rav4 V6 Limited 3 rows! isperfection Private Party Classifieds 7 07-16-2018 03:20 PM
Wish theyíd make the V6 Rav 4 again wlwlwlwlwl 4.4 General 21 03-18-2018 08:12 PM
Hello fellow Rav owners! - 2007 Rav4 Limited V6 4WD MLWJeff Member Introductions 1 10-12-2017 11:08 PM
2009 Rav 4 v6 Limited - Change engine jovielyn 4.3 Mechanical 4 12-11-2016 09:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome