Mthomas456's 11 RAV4 V6 Rebuild/Build Up - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 General Discuss anything RAV4.3 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Mthomas456's 11 RAV4 V6 Rebuild/Build Up

Hey there just wanted to share my build on a 2011 RAV4 V6 Limited AWD I picked up at Copart. I've had an '08 Scion xB as my daily for a year and a half and really liked it, i've done some functional modifications and a few appearance and performance modifications. It shares a lot with the RAV4 so there was a lot of cross over there. I installed 4.3 RAV4 suspension to lift it quite a bit, was going to install a bull bar since the RAV brackets bolted right up the front subframe since they are identical. After all the mods I was pretty happy but really wanted push button start, passive keyless entry and AWD would be nice too. After reading and seeing how the V6 was pretty quick, sounded great with exhaust I also needed a V6. Problem was they hold their value so damn well, a '09+ V6 AWD Limited wasn't going to come cheap so I started browsing Copart and picked up one with minor rear end damage for $5k.

Want to thank TEKSMRT since his build inspired me to pull the trigger and follow by example on my mods. I've been waiting to post this until my post count was high enough to include photos so i'll be adding the mods since in following posts right now!

Photo of my 08 xB

Copart photos

Testing fit of SAP rear door.

Damage

Rear floor pan cut out, replaced with OEM replacement parts.

Picked up some 19" Lexus RC350 AWD F-Sport wheels for a great deal, paired with 245/45R19 Firestone Firehawk Indy500 Tires.

Repairs all finished! Just need to finish rear door which I have Blizzard Pearl pieces for from a RAV4 EV and going to wrap the center section satin black with a black door handle and tint my tail lights.

For performance i've just done a short intake until I pull the front bumper and make it CAI, Jet Performance MAF sensor, tune by R9ktuned and custom 2.5" exhaust with a 14" Corsa muffler. Muffler offers some pretty nice sound, but zero drone and highway speeds/rpms it is stock level quiet. Pretty amazing.

Exhaust Sound link

'11 RAV4 Limited V6 AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Next step done with the appearance - JDM tails tinted and vinyl wrapped the mid section of the back door.

Used the left over sections of my xB2 intake I removed and made the intake a true CAI

Picked up an Eagle Eyes replacement set of Sport headlights to crack open and do a retrofit. Did Morimoto 7.0 H1 projectors with black shrouds, Profile LED high beam/running light, white demon eyes and morimoto switchback signals.

Added a TRD Big Brake Kit designed for 2011+ tC and 2008+ xB. Bolted right up since we share the same calipers as those models.

Also added an Android head unit.

Still to come Ceika coilovers being delivered today and I need to put on my black Katzkin leather. I'd like to get the front windows tinted too but getting pretty close to where my goal was for the finished product!

'11 RAV4 Limited V6 AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to mthomas456 For This Useful Post:
urogolf (Yesterday)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas456 View Post
Next step done with the appearance - JDM tails tinted and vinyl wrapped the mid section of the back door.

Used the left over sections of my xB2 intake I removed and made the intake a true CAI

Picked up an Eagle Eyes replacement set of Sport headlights to crack open and do a retrofit. Did Morimoto 7.0 H1 projectors with black shrouds, Profile LED high beam/running light, white demon eyes and morimoto switchback signals.

Added a TRD Big Brake Kit designed for 2011+ tC and 2008+ xB. Bolted right up since we share the same calipers as those models.

Also added an Android head unit.

Still to come Ceika coilovers being delivered today and I need to put on my black Katzkin leather. I'd like to get the front windows tinted too but getting pretty close to where my goal was for the finished product!
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 12:40 AM
Your Humble Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1748 Post(s)
Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,796 Posts
Garage
Great job, mthomas! Please do us both a favor--create a photo album on your profile page and upload your photos there. That way they will still be here long after imgur has deleted them, or gone out of business, or bought out. This has happened many times in the past.

Help RAV4World members help you by providing your car's operating location in your profile page. Climate can cause a RAV4 in Dallas Wisconsin to experience a different set of issues when compared to the same model in Dallas Texas.

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thank you! Will do!

'11 RAV4 Limited V6 AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version