17" Highlander OEM rims (2013) on a RAV4 (2008 Limited) - offset ?? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Exterior Tires, Wheels, Lights, Spoilers, Flares, Bars, Tow Hitches, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRavTime View Post
Those look good, can't wait to see them with tires mounted.
^^ You asked & you shall receive / 2013 Highlander 7-spoke rims (17x7.5" takeoffs), fit perfect:
- went on yesterday / last snow fall & freezing rain, was a week ago

Loads of mounting clearance & rims adds a measure of newness, to the Gen3 RAV4 look.
- Highlander rims are only half inch wider than original 2008 Limited alloys / not an issue
- Firestone Le2's still tuck inside fender flares, very nicely / for dedicated 3 season use

Kelly dobe approved:
- silver powder coat was polished with AUTO GLYM sealant / on sale purchase @ Canadian Tire
- tire foam spray was a kleen-flo product, from NAPA/UAP / good stuff
Small quantities of brake dust, easily wipe off slick aluminum rims / with a dry paper towel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Beaumont67,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

If I may ask, how did the highlander (aka kluger in Oz) OEM wheels clear the brakes/caliper housing?

Was there any intervention needed or was it a straight fit and go?

The reason I asked is that because I went the same route, but with 2007 Kluger OEM mags. It didn't work out as I hoped it would, as it needed >6 mm spacers (and possibly lug nut extenders) to clear the brake caliper housing.

I didn't pursue this further and ended up selling on gumtree (Oz equivalent of craigslist).
5 Genuine/OEM Toyota Kluger Alloy Wheels (17x7.5) and Nuts(x20) | Wheels, Tyres & Rims | Gumtree Australia Brisbane North West - Toowong | 1118005271

many thanks.

rey
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
good ole Kijiji! I'm in Ontario as well... Love the wheels and glad they worked out, let us know if there's any rubbing or issues... I was thinking of upgrading wheels, and of course was thinking of going with a lower offset than stock.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by REN3G8 View Post
good ole Kijiji! I'm in Ontario as well... Love the wheels and glad they worked out, let us know if there's any rubbing or issues... I was thinking of upgrading wheels, and of course was thinking of going with a lower offset than stock.
Thks REN3G8 - Absolutely NO rubbing issues.
- the slightly wider 17x7.5" Highlander rims, do look sharp on a RAV4

PS - I've been off the Forum for a year, due to security password issues / glad to be back.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
PHOTO UPDATE & DETAILING:
- Paintless Dent Guy (PDR) worked his magic, on 4 small spots (couple on body line)
- I next treated RAV4, to a wash, full hand resin polish & wax job (AutoGlym Kit)
...no clay bar used

Wife's v6 RAV4 has been a pleasure to drive and own...after 2 years, now showing 148,xxx Km.
- one rear brake job and a $100 rear axle stabilizer link, plus synthetic oil & WIX XP filters
(every 10,000 Km)

^^ Still love the look of the 2013 Highlander 17" alloy summer rims & the Firestone Destination Le2 tires have served us very well (installed at 89,xxx Km).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoGlym HD review

So a few days ago i purchased a norelco shaver from WakkyMarty and low and behold i misplaced my reciept .... so no cash back just a credit. So having a $40 gift card burning a hole in my pocket i ran through the automotive section and low and behold Ag HD! .... i had heard about it being the standard in the UK and thought OMG here is a chance to get a somewhat boutique wax right now ...

So I did it!

i detailed a car this morning and gave it the 151 and 26 and it came out nice .. being in the mood to detail i pulled in the tahoe gave it a good foam job with CG Wash and CLear at a high ratio as i heard it could really strip wax if used at high strength and let it do its thing ... i then clayed the car pretty briskly - hit it with 151 and then busted out the Ag HD ...
the sponges in this box are by far the best in the world if you have to apply by hand ... trust me! they are spongish and hold product well on the surface and dont absorb it the same way a MF or Foam pad does- this will be the standard for me if i ever apply by hand.

about the application ... it has been a LONG time since applying by hand and i certainly expect to feel it in the morning
image: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/ima...lies/smile.gif

. but it was friendly to apply and as the directions state removal around 10 minutes i started at the rear panel ending at the hood and then back to the rear panel to removal .... could have been a minute plus/minus or so according to plan... removal was the equivalent on 151 and not burdensome.

let me just say that when i removed the product i was floored with the amount of lustre this product has! I had read that the product was super slick and i will admit that it is but then again what wax isnt slick after applying.

HD on my black tahoe has amazing gloss and amazing lustre ... the black panels look very very deep and wet ... if i could describe the lustre i would say that after 151 it looked very clean and glossy but after HD it appeared wet and slick ... i have not gotten the same result out of 5 -21-26 -151 -205 ... maybe it is becuase the amount of oils that are contained in the product but all i know is that it was just absolutely insane.

if you have an extra $35 try it out.

im going to try and post some pics some how some way and post them tomorow.

Read more at http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...TImH54ffKJ8.99

UPDaTE ====
so by my math I applied AutoGlym HD about 50 days.
yesterday was the first day in about a week that we didnt recieve daily rain and i had the urge to reapply wax just for the fun of it!
Dont yall get bored and have nothing else better to do ;D
I will add that up to now the wax was still very lustrous (if thats a word) and still beaded and sheeted water very well and was far from "needing it"
So what do i do ??? Do reach for 21 ? 26???
Yep i go for the 21 and what do i get ??? Holy Fleeeeepin Moly!
When I look for adjactives to descibe the look WET - DEEP - GLOSSY - SUPER DARK BLK come to mind. The paint is so shiny that even when its dusted it is so reflective that it really doesnt appear that dirty!
You guys have to try this out!! I wonder what 26 would have done!?!?!?!?!?!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Autoglym HDWAXUS High Definition Wax
Customer reviews: https://www.amazon.com/Autoglym-HDWA...ews/B001FEISS6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAVrimsKel1.JPG (117.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg RAVrimsKel2.JPG (124.5 KB, 29 views)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Looking great!

I see you have the same problem I do with ours... the top of the lights is somewhat dull compared to the rest being shiny.

I just polished and cleaned my Corolla XRS lights with 2000grit 3M paper from Canadian Tire, and Meguiar's PlastX plastic polish, looks way better so I will attempt to clean the top of the lights on the RAV4 next, as well as my son's Vibe, lol...
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-24-2018, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRavTime View Post
Those look good, can't wait to see them with tires mounted.
Really like the look of the 17" Highlander rims / and perfect fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAVrimsKel1.JPG (117.2 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page