Did some "experimenting" with plasti-dip and VHT nightshades yesterday. I've had the truck for about a month now so it was due to get some modifications!
On the front end I did 2 bars on the grille and the fog light surrounds. I like how the grille turned out and I'm going to do the top bar next chance I got. Getting rid of those chrome bars helps bring out the toyota and v6 emblems. Not too happy with the fog surrounds, I'm thinking of changing them to a flat black to match the grille or body color.
Looks a little better outside:
For the tail lights I originally bought Lamin-X kits. The first light I did went okay - took a while but I got all nice and smooth. The 2nd light didn't go so well, a section of the film simply wouldn't stick so I had to remove them all. I decided to give nightshades a try and I'm pleased with the result.
Before (yeah it was dirty!):
I did about 3-4 light coats and was initially afraid I went too dark, but once I opened up the garage it looked a lot better. I also bought the VHT gloss but didn't apply that yet.
I have a bunch of LED lights coming to put in the tails for more light output to offset the tint.
Next up is finishing the front, 100k maintenance, touching up some scratches, painting the calipers, and de-badging the rear.