Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Replacing the water pump in a 2007 V6

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Dr. Dyno 
#1 ·
Good day all!

I was wondering if anyone had to replace a water pump in the V6 model and attempted to do it themselves. It looks like a pretty tight squeeze. Is it possible to do it yourself without moving the engine? I started getting the sadly familiar loud grinding sounds and I know it's just a matter of time before it gets worse. If anyone has any advice or experience, I'd greatly appreciate it!

#4 ·
I was wondering if anyone had to replace a water pump in the V6 model and attempted to do it themselves. It looks like a pretty tight squeeze. Is it possible to do it yourself without moving the engine?
I can't give you instructions, but back in this old post I explained how the dealer replaced both my water pump and oil hose in less than two hours. That same thread may give you some tips in getting started.

#5 ·
I was wondering if anyone had to replace a water pump in the V6 model and attempted to do it themselves. It looks like a pretty tight squeeze. Is it possible to do it yourself without moving the engine? I started getting the sadly familiar loud grinding sounds and I know it's just a matter of time before it gets worse. If anyone has any advice or experience, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Here's a DIY: http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/91939-v6-water-pump-install.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.