Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a company selling 01-03 full set of fender flares for $49.99. I placed an order and will ship out monday...I hope it's not a scam :?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D Sorry, I left the link at work and had to retrace my steps in Goggle. It took some doing but I fount it. They are in Kansas and the guy I spoke to, Bret, said that they got this shipment of assorted stuff that wasn't exactly their main product line so they put it on sale hoping to get rid of it quickly. When I spoke to him about getting one this afternoon he said that he still has them in inventory and will ship mine by monday. They have an unfinished dull black finish. Here's the link:

http://www.motorville.com/closeout/no_drill_fender_flares.htm

·
Registered
875 Posts
mind sharing in detail exactly how you came across that site? It doesn't look like it would just easily appear as google results. What was your search query? Did you get to it through another website?...or directly through google?

I am very interested to know b/c it can help with other searches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zoomie said:
mind sharing in detail exactly how you came across that site? It doesn't look like it would just easily appear as google results. What was your search query? Did you get to it through another website?...or directly through google?

I am very interested to know b/c it can help with other searches.
I just typed in the part number of the part, 754744, which got me about 1000 hits then I just added the word rav after that and bingo! 8) Just lucky I guess. Google searches just needs to get re-phrased sometimes to get a different result.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I couldn't resist myself, so i purchased a set too :shock: :shock:. Hey, from $354.70 to $49.99 and only 3 left, hell yeah i had to get them :D :mrgreen:. If they're not what i expected them to be, i'll sell them on ebay for the same price i bought them.. ooor... i can sell them here if anyone is interested after seeing pics from jarredsin, hehe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it's official. I just checked with my credit card company and they charged it to my visa for a total amount of (including S&H + tax) $70.54 today. I sent an e-mail out to Brett to follow up when it shipped.

I have a rainforest green rav4 2003. I'm still contemplating what color I'll be painting it. I'll post pics so everyone can see. :wink:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Rainforest green? Good choice ;). Mine is too, but what i don't like about my car is the silver bumper/trim. I rather have them like in a charcoal color or something. When i can afford it, i'll paint the whole thing in that color, including my new fender flares. That'll take quite a while though :cry:.

I think they might look like this:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/truckstuffusa_1876_55307454

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/truckstuffusa_1872_1818378

Sorry, the pic thing is not working for some reason :?.

R

·
0 Posts
Hi all!

Just called them early today and spoke to Tony. He told me that they've all sold out of the RAV fenders and are not expecting anymore since they came from a lot buy from some parts warehouse that closed down.

Should've acted faster on this...darn! :evil:

garfieldgurl said:
I couldn't resist myself, so i purchased a set too :shock: :shock:. Hey, from $354.70 to $49.99 and only 3 left, hell yeah i had to get them :D :mrgreen:. If they're not what i expected them to be, i'll sell them on ebay for the same price i bought them.. ooor... i can sell them here if anyone is interested after seeing pics from jarredsin, hehe.
garfieldgurl,

I'd be glad to take them off your hands if you feel that they're not what you're looking for. PM me eitherway & lmk...

Regards! :D

G

·
0 Posts
I hesitated too.

Please post your pictures guys and gals when you get them. I'd love to see them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got them in tonight....and they are for the whole set! For a moment there I thought I would be getting just one piece. :lol:

I took a pic and it's in my album.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Can wait for pictures after installed. I haven't got mine yet, probably middle of next week. I might just put them without painting them cuz i really like the smoke/charcoal/black color for my car, hehe.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
These aren't really like the OEM factory fender flares, and i think we might have to cut them in order to put them on top of the rear wheel opening.

jarredsin, can you please post the instructions on how to put them on, so i can prepare myself mentally and psychologycally when i get them and not freak out? :roll: :p

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The fender flares came in 6 pcs :? . When i put them on my car just to see how they look, the car looked kinda funky cuz the piece that goes to the side of the front bumper didn't come with the set. Weird. And when i put the ones on the rear, the one that goes on the door seems to be a little shorter. Did that happen to you jarredsin? I love the way they look, but it's just that i want to know if this didn't happen only to me. I guess you get what you pay for.

*Update* Oh, they look exactly like the ones on the links i posted on the previous page. I forgot about those.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts