Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2002 with a stock (US) honeycomb grill that I'd like to replace. Nothing huge, just something to set it apart from everyone else's RAV.

Any ideas where I can find a nicer grill that bolts in without modification?

Any pics and links would be grewtly appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check out ChimChim's site. He replaced his grill and it looks GREAT! It's a custom job though. I know you were looking for something that you can just bolt on. Worth checking out anyway. You can find his site on the links page.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to the general section and look at the post that list all the stores... and checkout the first link... it will take you to this store that sells japanese import parts... you can get stainless grille there... but a bit pricy though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2001 and would like to replace my grill. I am guessing a stock Rav4 grill that is a later model would be reasonably priced compared to aftermarket ones... (is that true?)

what years can i choose from? can i go up to 2005? will they all fit?

i am also considering a cold air intake, exhaust and sidesteps. can somebody tell me what about the best deals out there?

please email me. [email protected].

thanks.

·
Registered
396 Posts
No, you can only choose only from 2001-2003 for any kind of replacement grille. 2004-05 had some changes that won't allow direct bolt on replacement. For your 2001, there's the 2003 sport grille you can choose which was the grille used in the 2003 Rav4 S. Or you can go aftermarket and buy a mesh grille like this:

http://store1.yimg.com/I/lexusparts_1840_31812421

As for exhausts, in the US the only officially released exhaust system was the Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of another company making one for the Rav here in the US. I thbink Australia had another company make a direct bolt on twin pipe exhaust but I forget the name. THe Tanabe exhaust has long been discontinued and costs aorund $400 so you'd be hardpressed to find one. But like others, you could just get a good muffler shop to custome build you an exhaust if you really want to change it.

Intakes, again, there's been no aftermarket CAI done for the Rav. There's only the short ram intakes done by Weapon R that ranges from the Hyper, Dragon, and Secret Weapon(their newest) intakes. I've gotten the Secret Weapon intake but have yet to install it.

Side steps, you could go with the factory originals. Look around Ebay or some members who might want to sell them. If you want new, you can look at Waag, Manik, GoRhino, or Cobra for them. There are others, but those are the only ones I recall at this time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply!

I am excited to start modding it.

I will definitely look into the 2003 grill. Does anybody have a part number? I am guessing I will need to go to the dealer for this. Unless somebody is selling one.

While I am on the topic.. anybody selling used sidebars? :)

Again, thanks for the help. Hope you all continue to be generous with your help.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's another kind of grille available called JAOS grille.

In Singapore we actually have replica of this grille which are made from fibre with wire mesh. We simply call it as JAOS replica. Cost about S$200, which is about USD$120.

LINK

mazdamazda's grille in Singapore is known as Impact grille. We import this from Japan thru a shop in Singapore and its about S$450 which is about USD$260.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Slayer said:
No, you can only choose only from 2001-2003 for any kind of replacement grille. 2004-05 had some changes that won't allow direct bolt on replacement.
good to know that the 2 grills are not interchangeable. i was about to inquire about a 01-03 grill that someone was selling, i sort of like the old grill. with the old grill installed, i was thinking with the 04-05 grill, either having it painted or bringing to a local fabricator that has done body kits for the rav4 and putting the mesh screen in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts