Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I had pulled my 265k mile Rav in the garage the evening before and went to take it out of the garage in the morning. It cranked but wouldn't start. I did not hear the fuel pump engage so assumed it was a bad fuel pump. Replaced the fuel pump and the strainer and it still wouldn't start. A voltmeter is showing power at the pump and the car will start and run for a sec with a squirt of starter fluid, but it will not stay running. We have checked the fuses and all test good. We removed the aftermarket remote start since it wasn't working and I still cannot get the car to run. Does anyone have any further suggestions as to what the issue could be. This vehicle is my daily driver and has been running fine, we replaced the valve cover gasket last month. The alternator was replaced about 4 months ago. Battery is good. Any help I would appreciate. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump running . If not have you tried powering the fuel pump direct . Check fuel pressure before anything else

1 - 3 of 3 Posts