Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2003 R4 ODO 69,*** unknowing of the Ecm issue. Not even a week in it acted up so bad I couldn't drive it and the dealer sent a tow truck, and then brought it over to Interstate toyota to be diagnosed and repaired. They said they replaced the ECM due to this being a known issue and that being the only fix to the problem. Great, cause I love this car and my headache seemed over but now I have an odd issue that has arose after all this.
Every morning when I get into my car and head out for the day, the first time my car goes to shift from what seems to be 2nd to 3rd gear it jumps in rpms quickly in what seems toto be it coming out of gear for a split second then kind of power shifts into 3rd. It only happens once a day, in this exact order everyday without failure. All other times the car drives great. I'm extremely worried that this is causing more damage and would love to find a fix. I can't really afford to be without a vehicle again for a week, so any known fixes or at least details would be great. If it's something minor with the ecm again that can be soldered I can manage it myself.

Thanks much,
Lurchy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will apologize ahead of time not having my profile done, the mobile version doesn't seem to allow me to edit. My car is a 2004 Rav 4 AWD V4 with 69k miles on it. Any more questions you may have feel free to ask on here or in my inbox.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also I'm located in the Hudson Valley of New York and the work was done at interstate toyota in Monsey, NY per what I was told and the receipt I was given by the dealer, Exclusive Motor sports in Central Valley.

·
Registered
47 Posts
try resetting things by disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, then reconnect, start the car, get your radio stations set, then drive around the neighborhood for 10-15 minutes.

If that doesn't work and you suspect the ECM, there are places that will ship you a replacement, you put it in and test, then ship yours back to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a 2003 R4 ODO 69,*** unknowing of the Ecm issue. Not even a week in it acted up so bad I couldn't drive it and the dealer sent a tow truck, and then brought it over to Interstate toyota to be diagnosed and repaired. They said they replaced the ECM due to this being a known issue and that being the only fix to the problem. Great, cause I love this car and my headache seemed over but now I have an odd issue that has arose after all this.
Every morning when I get into my car and head out for the day, the first time my car goes to shift from what seems to be 2nd to 3rd gear it jumps in rpms quickly in what seems toto be it coming out of gear for a split second then kind of power shifts into 3rd. It only happens once a day, in this exact order everyday without failure. All other times the car drives great. I'm extremely worried that this is causing more damage and would love to find a fix. I can't really afford to be without a vehicle again for a week, so any known fixes or at least details would be great. If it's something minor with the ecm again that can be soldered I can manage it myself.

Thanks much,
Lurchy
I've been having this same issue!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts