Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with the floor coverage of the mats for my 05 Sport? The passenger side doesn't cover a big chunk of floor by the heel of the left foot, and the drivers floor mat doesn't cover the wedge that your left foot rests on. Does anybody know if the mud mats do a better job of coverage, or if there is another brand of floor mats that cover better?

Thanks!

K

·
0 Posts
I assume you are talking about the coverage of standard carpet floor mats...? I picked up my new RAV in late December and replaced the carpet mats with the "all season" rubber mats in January. Actually I was surprised about the coverage of them too. The rubber mats leave the same areas exposed and the rear mats are tiny compared to the area they should be covering. Looks like I'll be having to clean the exposed carpet more often than I hoped...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was hoping the same thing, I picked my 05 Sport up on the 6th of January, and by the nest week had ordered the rubber mats. I was very disappointed in the quality of the carpet mats, not to mention their coverage.

The carpet mats seemed to be showing wear and dirt after only a few days, I could see that they would be worn out and would have to be replaced in a year or two.

I used the factory carpet mats in my 93 Honda Prelude for 7-8 years before ordering a second set which are still in use and in good shape. Toyota needs to see how Honda mats are/were made and do some copying.

I am mentioning this on my qaality survey as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Soon as I got my Rav, I ordered the Husky All weather floor mats for the front, rear and cargo area. No matter what you might say or do, your carpet's gonna get dirty even with routine cleanings. It's not like any of us take off our shoes before entering the vehicle even when it's raining and our shoes are full of mud and water. That's pretty much why I got the Husky mats cause they have about a 1" lip around them that helps catch waterand dirt and protects the raised side carpeting a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Husky floor mats

Thanks for the information/conformation Slayer. Its very hard to keep the carpet clean in a car, no matter what mats you have. It's just that these Rav4 mats, in my opinion, are a waste of money, considering a substantial amount of carpet is accessable with the stock mats. I was looking at the Husky mats myself, and if nothing else, the cargo mat.

So do the Husky front floor mats cover the left foot rest?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent!

Sweet Slayer. Thanks for the info. This will be the first thing I buy for the Rav. I've got quite a list started....

S

·
0 Posts
Don't the mats block out the travel for the gas lever ? :?:

I've got a manual tranny, had to cut out my winter carpets ... got hung up and not enough clearance so my shifts were ''sticking'' :?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts