Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'05 front passenger door won't lock/unlock with the FOB or interior power lock. Manual switch and key both work fine but whenever someone gets out of my passenger door I have to ask them to lock it before they close it. There is a noise in the door when the power/FOB is actuated. I've pulled the panel and can find no mechanical disconnect. All the other doors work but the passenger door not locking means the alarm won't activate when locking with the FOB (unless the door is already locked). Also, when I use the key on the passenger door it DOES unlock all doors.

Nevermind-follow this link in this forum...

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/88-4-2-faults-fixes/74083-how-do-power-lock-actuator-replacement.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it is kind of late to respond to this thread that is over four months old, but I hope to help with my experience and solution. I had experienced the same problem with my rav 4.2 model (2005). The front passenger door lock would not
Lock from both the FOB and the master switch, it could only be lock or unlock manually by me or by the passenger. All locks can be lock or unlock by the FOB key and the master switch.Sometimes it would auto lock and unlock, and one day it just won't at all.
Believing that the lock actuator has finally stop working and time for a new replacement, order one at Amazon.com. replace and test, same problem would not auto lock. When using the master switch and remote key I could hear the actuator clicking and the cable link moving (white tab that goes from the inside door handle to lock actuator) but not fully engaging or unlocking the door. Replace the cable link cable, now I have fully working auto lock using both the remote key and the master switch. So when comes down to a problem with auto locks, we should not just assume that it is the lock actuator itself, we should also consider the other parts like the cable link and the lock actuator links or assembly. Hope this would provide helpful information. Good luck:smile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts