Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front passenger seat.. When you recline it.. If you pull the lever for it to go back upright does the seatback come up by iyeself? Ours does not. You have to pull the lever AND pull it up by hand.. If others work fine mines going back to thr dealer..

K

·
0 Posts
I've noticed mine is the same way. I first discovered that when trying to adjust my seat. Doesn't make it very easy to adjust yourself when you have to pull it up. Does your driver's seat come back up on its own? Mine doesn't. That's what I'm actually referring to. Haven't tried the passenger.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just tried it out. Very interesting. If I recline the front passenger seat all the way back without sitting on it and then try to put it back, it doesn't work...have to pull it up. If I recline it all the way back while sitting in it and then pull the lever, it comes up automatically.

khakiboy, the Limiteds have 8-way power drivers seat so we wouldn't be able to test it for ya.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I also noticed that the spring that gets the seatback upright isn't as strong as it could be. For ours, if I put my butt back against the seatback(*) and pull up the lever, the seatback doesn't budge. But if I scoot forward so that I'm not in contact with the seatback (or I'm outside the car) and I pull up the lever, it comes forward just fine. Sorry I can't compare it to my '02 Camry 'cuz that has power seats, but I didn't notice this on the '96 RAV - that seatback always came right up no matter where I was sitting.

(*) no I dont have a big butt, and no I don't mean really jamming it in there, I just mean sitting normally.

K

·
0 Posts
Yea I realized after posting that he has a Limited so that would have the power driver's seat. I'm curious, for those who have the Limited, do you have any problem fitting in the seat? I'm only like 5'11 but when I test drove the Limited I couldn't get the power seat to go back as far as I'd like. It felt like my knees were touching the dash. With my Sport and the manual seat I can get it to go back farther and feels more comfortable. Granted I didn't try adjusting the other controls.

·
Registered
150 Posts
no

I'm 5'10" and no problems in the Limited. I must be one of the few people who prefer non-power seats. I always find the controls a pain to use.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but don't you have power drivers seat in your truck??? Do you like it??

the only thing I do not like about the power seat is that when my wife drive (5' tall) I cannot get in until I move the seat back about 6-8" which takes about 10 seconds as oppossed to instant on a lever back seat. lol I have to stand outside and hold the back button for 10 seconds before I can get in lol

H

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
nope. Mine does not budge at all:( thanks all
Frank,
The passenger seat does snap right back to the upright position when I press the lever on the side. And khakiboy, the driver's side does also on my Sport. Might better have them checked.

K

·
0 Posts
flyingn said:
I have to stand outside and hold the back button for 10 seconds before I can get in lol
Yea, that's another downside of power seats. Moving a manual seat back is much quicker. I should be the only one driving my Rav so it isn't really a problem. It's also why I don't need power seats. Once I get it set to where I'm comfortable there's no need to move the seat.

·
Registered
179 Posts
flyingn said:
the only thing I do not like about the power seat is that when my wife drive (5' tall) I cannot get in until I move the seat back about 6-8" which takes about 10 seconds as oppossed to instant on a lever back seat. lol I have to stand outside and hold the back button for 10 seconds before I can get in lol
Yeah me too, I'm 5'11" and wifie is 4'10"; I thought I was the only one who'd try to sit in the car and realize she was there last and had to get my butt off the steering wheel and move the seat... lol...
What would be great for us is power seats that have two memory settings; push the button and the seat resets it self to each of our settings...
btw, did you try adjusting the seat down to make it more comfortable? Wifie didn't like the height adjustment on the power seats when she test drove a Limited but the manual seats go up and down pretty well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Even if it had the memory settings you'd still have to wait for it to move. :p

But yeah, that option would be nice. Even just one memory setting would be good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts