Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any info about the redesinged rav4? When will it come out?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I've only read RUMORS so far. Several readings mention an August 2005 release date of the RAV4.3.

Have you seen the FRONT PAGE of THIS SITE?

(Edit - The 2006 RAV4 rumor photo has been removed from the front page due to RAV4World front page updates.)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen the front page, I think it looks cool. I was thinking about trading my Rav for a new Rav as I have the smaller engine and no ABS, but I might wait to see what happens with the new Rav.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check out the photo's on AutoWeek.com---I'd like to know if it will still come in a 4 cyl...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope neither, Top pictures are an artist impression which means it will be nothing like this and bottom picture is 100% fake.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello from Greece,

I was expecting that something would show up at the Geneva car show but nothing. :cry: I just have only 2 pictures from a Greek magazine and that’s all. Lets hope that we will see something officially on the next car show. Does any one of you know when and where is going to be? We are all very anxious for the new model. The only thing I know for sure is that is going to be bigger and better with the possibility of a 2,2 D4D engine and after February 2006 a V6 3000cc!!!
Can someone tell me how I can put the pictures I have in so you can all see them? Sorry but as you can see I am new here :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Levanter said:
Can someone tell me how I can put the pictures I have in so you can all see them? Sorry but as you can see I am new here :oops:
Click on the "Album" icon under YOUR messages. 8)

Or... upload them to a diferent storage site and use the "Img" tag provided at the top of the box when submitting messages to this forum.

Example:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Levanter said:
Hello from Greece,

I was expecting that something would show up at the Geneva car show but nothing. :cry: I just have only 2 pictures from a Greek magazine and that’s all. Lets hope that we will see something officially on the next car show. Does any one of you know when and where is going to be? We are all very anxious for the new model. The only thing I know for sure is that is going to be bigger and better with the possibility of a 2,2 D4D engine and after February 2006 a V6 3000cc!!!
Toyota/Lexus have lots of new models too launch as it is, New IS was the big Lexus/Toyota launch at Geneva. New GS is due on the roads soon and RX400H is coming along not long after in Europe and then in the Summer in Europe the Toyota Aygo is next new launch.

Toyota are saving the best till last the new RAV4 :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks ...now let me try ...he he he I have the same photos but the one from the side of the new RAV is more clear. You can see it in my Album now.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looking good, i like the front but back looks ugly... hopefull the real released model is better looking...

oh ya... for those of you who don't know... lots of the official pictures by toyota are also photoshopped badly just checkout brosures and things you will notice background is the same while vehicle specification is different... if you know a little about photography you'll know it's impossible to take two of the same pictures with same background... (for example when a car is in speed)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the 'revitalised' RAV4 forum (I was a member on the original).

I think the new shape looks really cool, but have to agree with the opinion on the rear of the vehicle - does look ugly, I don't like the light clusters much.

I have just become the proud owner of a 2005 RAV4 XT3 after trading my 2003 NRG last weekend. Very pleased with it so far (although I haven't been far in it due to being ill :( )

Cheers,
KJ

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With the RAV4 "SIZE" is the MOST IMPORTANT!!!!

If Toyota is dumb enough to increase the exterior dimensions of the '06 RAV4 SIGNIFICANTLY, then this vehicle will be struck off my list. It, then, simply DOES NOT SERVE ANY PURPOSE, IMHO!! :roll: ......what I'm expecting (hopefully) is that they will give it all the other goodies, like a V6 engine option, better sound insulation, etc. etc. , while keeping it's exterior size at or near the same as the present model!!! .......I've seen SOME posts on here complaining that the RAV4 is not big enough for them. If this is the case, then go look elsewhere :roll: ......the whole POINT of the RAV4 is it's nimbleness, agility, parking manuverability and fun-to-drive factor BECAUSE OF IT'S SMALL SIZE :roll:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my scion xB is a perfect example of making a smaller car have way more room. the scion xb is smaller that teh rav4 on the exterior - but much roomier on the interior. so if toyota made the xb like that i dont see why they would make hte rav4 huge.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kitten and victor,

here is the bigger version of RAV4. But it is not RAV4. It is called TOYOTA FORTUNER. It will be released this September in Philippines.

So, if ypou want big RAV4., look at my album below:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that specific model is released in certain area's because they dont have the 4runner... thats what the people at the 4runner forums say. t4r.org (Got a new 04 4runner)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts