Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2006 v6 without the tow package. I'm looking to tow a U-Haul 5x8 trailer (900lbs) with a maximum 600 pounds in the trailer, and another 200 pounds of cargo in the back. Going about 1400 miles, might have to to through hills in Tennessee/Kentucky, but hoping to find another flatter route. Looking at all the numbers online I think I should be safe. Am I missing anything? Any tips? All of the threads I've read on towing have been for the I4 or v6 with tow package only, not my setup. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The limit without the tow package is 2k lbs so you should be fine...just out of curiosity how do you know you don't have the tow package?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to say I checked for the 140a fuse years ago when I bought it (used), but now I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
depending on your mileage, check your transmission oil before and after, and change it if it's anything close to dark...

WS fluid does not do well with high temps and towing...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks octane. It's at 140k and I would probably change the transmission fluid just in case, even if I didn't end up towing, and just drove it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts