Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who sells just the tensioner pulley? All I can find is the entire tensioner assembly, which costs a lot more and is WAY more work to replace.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. That’s the idler pulley. They don’t sell the tension pulley.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They looks like same
And have same size - outer 70mm, inner bearing hole 17mm, width- 34-34.5mm
Maybe that's why nobody sells tensioner pulley because they same with idler pulley?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, found on other forums they slight different but guys said they just put couple extra washers and pulley will seat in exactly same position

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The race is set at a different depth inside the pulley, so despite the other dimensions being very close, the race depth won’t work. I thought about stacking washers in there, but those aren’t made for that. They would likely wear down fairly soon. It just isn’t worth the risk. Also, I can clearly see the bearing numbers on the actual bearing and they are different. The tension bearing has a lot more load on it. Again, I’m not going to risk it, especially on my wife’s car.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Another not logical thing from Toyota.
Replaced by mechanic tensioner pulley month ago together with A/C clutch and belt on wife's 07 CR-V. $20 cad at local store Continental brand pulley. Enough selection on Rockauto for CR-V. Why no any tensioner pulley for 2gr-fe if this engine installed on lots Toyota's models?
Anyway most time recommend replace whole tensioner, not just pulley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts