Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a known issue with the volume knob on the factory radio in an '07? With mine, you turn it counter clockwise, which will lower the volume for a time, and then the volume jumps back up. You have to glare at it just so, or cuss at it just right, to get it to actually turn down properly.

I just bought the vehicle and complained about it at the time, but decided it wasn't a deal breaker. The salesperson was able to find the magic touch to get it work a little better. Also, this vehicle does not have any radio contols on the steering wheel.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the steering wheel controls. With practice I've figure out that you have to push/pull the knob towards the driver side while turning, which minimizes the jumping.

I've also discovered that the engine makes a noise through the radio with AUX selected and the volume up. The noise sounds like a ticking and is rare is dictated by speed. Charging a phone that's an audio source makes an electronic whining sound as well.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
I don't have the steering wheel controls. With practice I've figure out that you have to push/pull the knob towards the driver side while turning, which minimizes the jumping.

I've also discovered that the engine makes a noise through the radio with AUX selected and the volume up. The noise sounds like a ticking and is rare is dictated by speed. Charging a phone that's an audio source makes an electronic whining sound as well.
There was a TSB issued on the whining sound when charging. I had mine done under warranty even though it wasn't affecting me at the time:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/106-4-3-tsbs/67614-au004-07-noise-auxiliary-port-external-device-08-10-07-a.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Are you sure that the ASL isn't activated on your radio? This will cause the volume to increase as you go faster. Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts