Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Rav4 base model. Just recently the volume knob has been acting up. When I start turning the volume up, the sound actually fluctuates both up and down randomly. I can see the volume numbers both increasing and decreasing. Its almost like it's really touchy. I'm not sure if there is a simple or complex fix or if this is a common problem. I really don't want to replace the whole unit. Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have a 2007 Rav4 base model. Just recently the volume knob has been acting up. When I start turning the volume up, the sound actually fluctuates both up and down randomly. I can see the volume numbers both increasing and decreasing. Its almost like it's really touchy. I'm not sure if there is a simple or complex fix or if this is a common problem. I really don't want to replace the whole unit. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Can there still be such a thing as a dirty rheostat, or am I just old?>:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Same problem, but have figured out how to press the knob to the left, just so, which gets the job done. Not an uncommon problem. Annoying, and have started to look for another head unit, but don't want to spend the money on this car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts