Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 RAV4 V6 Sport

I have a code P2197 "AF sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1.

Autozone gave me a Bosch part # 15672 that looks like the wrong sensor. I was under the impression B2B1 was the sensor you can see once you open the hood that's surrounded by heat shield on top of the manifold near radiator, which has a longer cord than the Bosch part.
I can't for the life of me find a clear and straightforward diagram of O2 sensors for the V6.

Could somebody please clear this up? There are some posts related but nothing that clearly shows where the correct banks and sensors are located.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I was under the impression B2B1 was the sensor you can see once you open the hood that's surrounded by heat shield on top of the manifold near radiator, which has a longer cord than the Bosch part.
I found this LINK to a PDF file and this POST in the rav4world forums. Or THIS might help.

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is the upstream sensor by the radiator. Don't get a Bosch. I recommend and install DENSO sensors because that is OEM.

This sensor is in the exhaust manifold.

Be prepared for a hit to your wallet. This is an Air/Fuel ratio sensor, not an oxygen sensor. They usually list out for about $250.00 at a good parts store.

You can buy cheaper, but you can't buy better than DENSO.

2009 RAV4 V6 Sport

I have a code P2197 "AF sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1.

Autozone gave me a Bosch part # 15672 that looks like the wrong sensor. I was under the impression B2B1 was the sensor you can see once you open the hood that's surrounded by heat shield on top of the manifold near radiator, which has a longer cord than the Bosch part.
I can't for the life of me find a clear and straightforward diagram of O2 sensors for the V6.

Could somebody please clear this up? There are some posts related but nothing that clearly shows where the correct banks and sensors are located.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOTS of complaints on the Honda Element group I watch about the Bosch O2 sensors. Some are bad when you install them, others go out within a few months to a year. Suggest you fling that one back at the parts store and get something else. Denso is good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone. All of you have been so helpful over the years. I'm going to return the Bosch today and get a Denso. I'll keep you posted and a am thinking about making a video when I do the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts