Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is as good as it gets for awhile. Dealership is in Illinois. Contacting them right now to see what they have. Naturally Im pitting them against each other to see if I can actually get someone at invoice or below. Stay tuned.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
which dealership.. i'lll call them in the moring!

it illonios.. but which one.... Can you give me a number to the place!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I guess you need to study the dealer invoice before commiting the offer. A lot of time, the dealer invoice is several hundreds above the known public invoice. In my case, it's $600 over the public invoice supplied by Toyota. In addition, I felt dealer also manipulate the option price too. If I could trust the number by region from NADA, my dealer definitely manipulated the number. There is a number of options that I purchased did not match the price as published by NADA.

Good luck... Pay whatever you feel it's worth and relatively closer or below the average offered by others.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are we allowed to post dealer names and salesmen info here?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be interested to know also. If you can't post the dealer, would you PM me ?

Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
purduealum91 said:
I couldn't find specifics in the Forums FAQ but you can always pm or email the info to the requestor.

BTW, $100 is very good for a V6 in So Cal right now since the allocation is still very limited. If I could get that price, I might just be tempted to talk the hubby in trading in the Tank (aka 1988 Chevy Baretta). :wink:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will gladly PM anyone that wants the info.

Tom

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Tom....

I just found a thread over at Fatwallet where someone claims to have gotten one for ~$200 under invoice!

Link to Fatwallet

1. 2006 Toyota RAV4 Base 4x4 with a few options
2. MSRP price: 23,200
3. Invoice price: 21,385
4. Paid: 21,200 (before tax, DMV (65), NYS tire fee (12.50))
5. Brand new model, so getting it under invoice was a little work! Unlike the 2005 model, no rebate was available.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
purduealum91 said:
Yes :D ---> But NOT referrals (Example of NOT allowed: Tell them Kelly Smith sent you... so I earn $100). I'm afraid things would get out of hand if we all started trying to earn a "dealer referral fee" :?

Covered in our Forums FAQ :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Gang,

Well, I did it. Took delivery of an Everglade Metallic Limited 4x4 4cyl. Rav this evening. The only options are side air and moonroof. They thre in the all weather mats for free. Gray interior. Very nice. Traded in my 2005 9-2X Aero AWD. Paid $18750 for her last May and got $19300 for her today. Nice :).

Anyways, St Charles Toyota of St. Charles, IL is where I bought mine and they are willing to do $100 over invoice. Ask for Chris Modory or Keith. They can be reached at 630 584-6655.

Thanks. This is my first Toyota.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: which dealership.. i'lll call them in the moring!

lkwan said:
it illonios.. but which one.... Can you give me a number to the place!
:D

Good luck! The best I got was $703. below sticker, or $1000. over cost. And I drive a very hard bargin.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want a v6 so bad!!!!

purduealum91,

Awesome... I'm jealous! but i noticed that you got the 4 cyclinder. I'm assuming that your dealer gave you the $100 over invoice because you bought the 4 cyclinder. Has anyone had any luck getting a dealer to commit to selling a v6 limited for $100 or $300 over cost.? Every dealer that I've talk to about the v6 will not budge on the price. And is pretty adamant that it'll go for sticker. because it's such an hot car. in six months they be begging for people to buy it!

The closest I've gotten so far is maybe 3% over invoice. But that means about 1000-1500 over invoice. I have contacted every dealer in my city and in the major cities surrounding houston. I'm branching out to maybe illinois; This is the first new car i've ever bought. If I buy from one dealer per se in austin,tx. can i take my car to any dealer in houston to get warranty work done?

Also does anyone have opinion on the 4wd v6. Toyota says that i should only affect MPG by 1 . I don't believe that until Car & driver or motortrend. Has actual reports.

since this car is also so new, Does anyone else has concerns about buying this redesigned car before car test ratings has come in.

Last question for those who are in the know. these v6 in at least houston. Have not "Hit the Ground", who gets allocation first? I talked to a fleet manager and she said they are in the port and will be allcoated next week. I had one dealer tell me that if I where to put my money down first I would get first dibbs. Every other dealer tells me that the first allcoation has been presold or which ever dealer was lucky enough to be allocated a v6 rav4 will not give up the car to another dealer that does have it sold. I'm in the retail electronics business. And our policy is if you haven't sold it yet. we are required to give it to anyone that needs it. I also work alot of "Buddy Deals "with other store location in Houston. i.e I'll give them five of these not so hot digital cameras, and in return they'll give me 2 of the really hot ones. Trading inventory is just a way of business, So their notion that this above example just doesn't work for me. I think, if you give me this one rav4 v6 , on my next allocation, you can take my next two v6's?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: I want a v6 so bad!!!!

lkwan said:
purduealum91,

Awesome... I'm jealous! but i noticed that you got the 4 cyclinder. I'm assuming that your dealer gave you the $100 over invoice because you bought the 4 cyclinder. Has anyone had any luck getting a dealer to commit to selling a v6 limited for $100 or $300 over cost.? Every dealer that I've talk to about the v6 will not budge on the price. And is pretty adamant that it'll go for sticker. because it's such an hot car. in six months they be begging for people to buy it!

The closest I've gotten so far is maybe 3% over invoice. But that means about 1000-1500 over invoice. I have contacted every dealer in my city and in the major cities surrounding houston. I'm branching out to maybe illinois; This is the first new car i've ever bought. If I buy from one dealer per se in austin,tx. can i take my car to any dealer in houston to get warranty work done?

Also does anyone have opinion on the 4wd v6. Toyota says that i should only affect MPG by 1 . I don't believe that until Car & driver or motortrend. Has actual reports.

since this car is also so new, Does anyone else has concerns about buying this redesigned car before car test ratings has come in.

Last question for those who are in the know. these v6 in at least houston. Have not "Hit the Ground", who gets allocation first? I talked to a fleet manager and she said they are in the port and will be allcoated next week. I had one dealer tell me that if I where to put my money down first I would get first dibbs. Every other dealer tells me that the first allcoation has been presold or which ever dealer was lucky enough to be allocated a v6 RAV4 will not give up the car to another dealer that does have it sold. I'm in the retail electronics business. And our policy is if you haven't sold it yet. we are required to give it to anyone that needs it. I also work alot of "Buddy Deals "with other store location in Houston. i.e I'll give them five of these not so hot digital cameras, and in return they'll give me 2 of the really hot ones. Trading inventory is just a way of business, So their notion that this above example just doesn't work for me. I think, if you give me this one RAV4 v6 , on my next allocation, you can take my next two v6's?
:lol: Your right the dealers a very hard nosed when it comes to the V6. I live on the south west coast of Florida and up untill last week some dealers were putting a $2,000. MSRP "marketing adjustment" on the four cylinder Rav's, they were selling too! The V6's "whatever the market will bare", I'm sure. I placed my order(not on the ground yet) for a V6 limted, a couple of months ago, with only stand alone options. I'm not going to buy anyone packages, for options I don't want. I feel I got a very good deal on my new Rav4. The dealer was great! not my local local dealer though, next town over, told me I could order the car anyway I wanted it. Even sent me his cost sheet for me to pick and chose. And only one large over cost. Let me know if you want the salesmans name and number?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not 100 over invoice...but In southern WI I am getting my black limited for "$600 over invoice". The reason that I put that in quotes is that the dealer is charging a few things that I have never heard of previous to this purchase.

Obviously the dealer holdback of 479 is on there, and an advertising fee that they claim is for "Toyota advertising", not necessarily their own...of $422. OK, whatever...I suppose some advertising fees are acceptable.

However they they charge $10 for gas, stating that Toyota charges them $10 to put gas in it prior to delivery. They they also charge $239 for something called "Wholesale Financial Reserve", stating that it is a fee charged by Toyota that they later use for such things as rebates and incentives at model year end, etc.

Consumer reports and NADA do not show any of these fees except for destination charges and dealer holdbacks, so not certain.

Anyways, here is what I got:

2006 black limited I4 4x4 with taupe interior and the following options:

Leather seats
Dual temp heated seats for both fronts
Side curtain airbags
Electrochromatic mirror with compass
Power moonroof
Carpeted floor mats with RAV4 logos

Note that both leather and heated seats are aftermarket, because they could not find one with the exact options that I wanted, so these are being added when they get it from another dealer. These are to carry the same warranty as the vehicle...3yr/36k.

Anyways, the price that I am getting, prior to TTL is $26,698.50.

Considering that the "build your own" on Toyota lists the price with these options at $28,049...I don't think I did too bad. $1,350.50 off sticker and "$600 over invoice" for what they show as their invoice price.

One thing that was interesting, is that with the leather seats being aftermarket, I had the option of colors and if I wanted 2-tone seats. I tell you ...I actually considered doing the outside edges of the seats in the dark charcoal that the upper dash is in and leave the center factory taupe color. Wife wouldn't have it though as she thought that it would look too much like a boat. :lol:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: I want a v6 so bad!!!!

I live on the south west coast of Florida and up untill last week some dealers were putting a $2,000. MSRP "marketing adjustment" on the four cylinder RAV's, they were selling too! The V6's "whatever the market will bare", I'm sure. I placed my order(not on the ground yet) for a V6 limted, a couple of months ago, with only stand alone options. I'm not going to buy anyone packages, for options I don't want. I feel I got a very good deal on my new RAV4. The dealer was great! not my local local dealer though, next town over, told me I could order the car anyway I wanted it. Even sent me his cost sheet for me to pick and chose. And only one large over cost. Let me know if you want the salesmans name and number?[/quote]

Cool, someone that actually boughta v6! I really do appreicate when others chime for help but I really need help in buying a v6. For now I tihnk dealers are going to give a deal on I4's because they have been around for 2 motnhs. But the v6's are so new, no one is budging.

Is it okay if you tell me the specifics of what you paid for your car? I see that you went with out a lot of extra options to keep the costs down; but how close to invoice get?

So far $100, $300, $600, 3%... has been what people have been telling me.

What wa your sales man name, i'll give him a call on monday.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jynx,
That is basically what I was quoted for a Limited in Classic Silver with all those options. Those questionable fees gas, witholding reserve and advertising were also included. Did you end up paying them or were you able to haggle them to take it off. You were lucky to get i bacause in noethern california there is no RAV available in the options I want so I have to wait :cry:
There is one on socal, and am thinking of going on a road trip if still available on monday. 8)
All the dealers keep saying the do not know when a rav with the options I want will come but will put in for "preferencing my request
which basically is a waiting list :roll:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ended up paying them...they would not budge. I even walked out. They called me back and had me come back in but only to take another 100 off the vehicle price, not the fees.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts