Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Dyno this morning to check out the power curve on my RAV4. Not a proper dyno, but good enough for me to know what is wrong with my tuning.

First run the air/fuel is too lean and gave me a 98kw onwheel reading. Second run gave me a 104kw reading.

With an estimate of 180HP on flywheel estimated with a 5-8% difference. I'm holding my chart now and will use that to figure out what is wrong with my tuning.

Will keep update with my next run.

·
Registered
880 Posts
kidong said:
I went to the Dyno this morning to check out the power curve on my RAV4. Not a proper dyno, but good enough for me to know what is wrong with my tuning.

First run the air/fuel is too lean and gave me a 98kw onwheel reading. Second run gave me a 104kw reading.

With an estimate of 180HP on flywheel estimated with a 5-8% difference. I'm holding my chart now and will use that to figure out what is wrong with my tuning.

Will keep update with my next run.
Isn't the 3S-GE supposed to make 200hp at the flywheel? I know there is now a new SAE way of measuring it that give a lower but more "true" number.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on which series of the 3S-GE you're talking about. The Beams VVTi 3S-GE 4th Gen will do 200HP on stock, but mine is the 3rd gen which is out from the Automatic Celica as well, so the HP will be a bit dead.

The tuner have not tune my RAV4 because he doesn't know how things are set up on mine. I have to do everything myself. I have misfiring between 43-4400rpm which makes it look funny. Also I have a few problems with the injector timing. That guy said I will need to go to the Dyno one more time to fine tune my stuff. I said ok, and he doesn't even charge me ahahahahah. If tune right, estimate of around 115kw onwheel is expected.

With the torque on wheel(each wheel) it ranges from the low 275Nm to 392Nm. Not sure what the figure will be on the flywheel. Loss from wheel to flywheel is around 30% on the RAV4 and air temperature of 21deg C and humidity of 51%.

·
Registered
880 Posts
kidong said:
Depending on which series of the 3S-GE you're talking about. The Beams VVTi 3S-GE 4th Gen will do 200HP on stock, but mine is the 3rd gen which is out from the Automatic Celica as well, so the HP will be a bit dead.

The tuner have not tune my RAV4 because he doesn't know how things are set up on mine. I have to do everything myself. I have misfiring between 43-4400rpm which makes it look funny. Also I have a few problems with the injector timing. That guy said I will need to go to the Dyno one more time to fine tune my stuff. I said ok, and he doesn't even charge me ahahahahah. If tune right, estimate of around 115kw onwheel is expected.

With the torque on wheel(each wheel) it ranges from the low 275Nm to 392Nm. Not sure what the figure will be on the flywheel. Loss from wheel to flywheel is around 30% on the RAV4 and air temperature of 21deg C and humidity of 51%.
Did yours come stock with that motor or did you drop it in?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dropped it in a few years back and did a lot of DIY work on it.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mate mine to the stock gearbox, but I have to use the MR2 racing flywheel, Hilux clutch plate, and the Celica Clutch Cover. The clutch release bearing is from the RAV4.

My RAV4 is fun to drive, but when it comes to gas refill, it's a Dodge RAM.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
kidong said:
I mate mine to the stock gearbox, but I have to use the MR2 racing flywheel, Hilux clutch plate, and the Celica Clutch Cover. The clutch release bearing is from the RAV4.

My RAV4 is fun to drive, but when it comes to gas refill, it's a Dodge RAM.
The MR2 clutch cover and pressure plate should work as well on the RAV right?? with the RAV4 release bearing ?

I ended up buying an ACT clutch which I wish I would have gone with a stock setup that could hold the power of my project to come... :cry: This ACT clutch is quite annoying... :roll:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, they should work all right, but there's a catch. The N/A MR2 flywheel is 3mm thinner than that of the RAV4 and the MR2 Turbo flywheel is 1mm thinner. You will loose a bit of clutch plate and if you use low pressure pressure plate you will get slips on your clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts