Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Fairly new to the great wide world of Rav. IMO there should be at least one 12VDC outlet with constant power so you don't need a key in the IGN, thus hearing the "ding ding ding" while you are charging phone or what have you. I noticed that my 2013 XLE did not have a 12v outlet in the rear hatch area... Unacceptable! :) So here's my fix. Hope this adds to the community.

1. Locate the under dash fuse panel and find "fuse 2" designated as unused in the owners manual.
2. Pulled the fuse and tap it with a 1/8th spade connector on the hot side. (Make sure to fuse this tap. I used a 5 amp but the circuit can handle more if needed.)
3. Ran wires to where I wanted the outlet. I ran the wire along the kick panels and side facsias. Very simple with no full disassemble.
4. Mount the outlet. I used a compact but convenient two socket 12v and 2 USB port unit and velcro-ed it to the left side. Could easily install a flush system, but I prefer to not cut large holes in panels if possible.
5. Wired up a chassis ground in the spare tire cavity.
6. Enjoy the POWER!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi All,
Fairly new to the great wide world of Rav. IMO there should be at least one 12VDC outlet with constant power so you don't need a key in the IGN, thus hearing the "ding ding ding" while you are charging phone or what have you. I noticed that my 2013 XLE did not have a 12v outlet in the rear hatch area... Unacceptable! :) So here's my fix. Hope this adds to the community.

1. Locate the under dash fuse panel and find "fuse 2" designated as unused in the owners manual.
2. Pulled the fuse and tap it with a 1/8th spade connector on the hot side. (Make sure to fuse this tap. I used a 5 amp but the circuit can handle more if needed.)
3. Ran wires to where I wanted the outlet. I ran the wire along the kick panels and side facsias. Very simple with no full disassemble.
4. Mount the outlet. I used a compact but convenient two socket 12v and 2 USB port unit and velcro-ed it to the left side. Could easily install a flush system, but I prefer to not cut large holes in panels if possible.
5. Wired up a chassis ground in the spare tire cavity.
6. Enjoy the POWER!
Great idea... but you might want to enlarge your pictures... I can barely see them due to size...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts