Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just traded my '13 Limited for a '16 Limited. Here are some of the big and little differences I've noticed.

Both are Red/Ash
(I also had a Red/Ash '11)

Obvious changes to the nose and tail.
Headlights are much brighter.
LED tail lights. (like my '11)
Chrome door handles (don't like them)
Home link Mirror
Sunglasses case (like my "11)
2 level storage console (like my '11)

Engine quieter.
Transmission shifts more smoothly.

It's much quieter.
It's rides a lot better.
The suspension is softer so it doesn't feel quite as agile or responsive.
Turn in a bit slower.
Steering is lighter.

MUCH improved interior quality.
AC dials move more smoothly and feel better quality.
Seat heater switches feel better.
Brakes are better and take less peddle pressure to operate.

Windows are quieter and move faster.
Tailgate is still slow, and slows down even more right before it closes.
Tailgate struts are quieter.

Voice command works better for Navigation inputs.
All new Nav system (still getting used to it)
Screen seems bigger
NO CD PLAYER
Still has only one USB port

Lane assist/Radar cruise/BSM all work great.
Seat pattern a bit different.
Better interior lighting around console.
NO CD PLAYER (did I mention that before ?)

Both my '11 and '16 were build in Japan. Both feel superior in quality and construction compared to my '13 which was build in Canada. That's just my observation, and could also have been first year teething problems with the '13. Again, nothing against Canada, just my observation.

Did I mention the '16 has NO CD PLAYER?

·
Registered
37 Posts
does the 16 have a power port in the back? that my biggest issue with my 13 xle. other than that i love it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think Toyota realized that CD's are going by the wayside.( Sad to say!) In a limited you have MP3 access, XM radio (granted you keep it) and HD radio. what else could you need? ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think Toyota realized that CD's are going by the wayside.( Sad to say!) In a limited you have MP3 access, XM radio (granted you keep it) and HD radio. what else could you need? ;)
Yes it is sad....In my case, I have well over 1000 CDs and although I probably have about a 1/4 of then ripped and on my phone to play through USB, there are times when I just have an itch to hear one of the others on the way to work or such.

I'll probably never get around to ripping the less used CDs, but I have found a workaround. I bought a cheap Sony "car discman" on eBay that has a small remote controller. Hid it in the glove box with a relatively hidden wire to the aux input, and Velcroed the remote into that little triangular cup holder like hole in the console. (what did they design that for anyway?) Its a bit less handy than a built in, but it gets the job done and is pretty much invisible otherwise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clock is now part of the radio and not on the dash. There are times when you can't see what time it it.
Also, the spare tire is in a slightly different position.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How are the door locks? (I have a 2009 and still need to install the relays for automatic door locks.)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bummer on no CD player!

Heck, I still have home-made cassettes that I like to listen to ... home-made CDs too ... the kind that have a lot of work put into them with many rare cuts that you will never find on a store bought CD or even on XM radio. The more we progress, the farther behind we go. (Yeah, I'm old).

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Bummer on no CD player!

Heck, I still have home-made cassettes that I like to listen to ... home-made CDs too ... the kind that have a lot of work put into them with many rare cuts that you will never find on a store bought CD or even on XM radio. The more we progress, the farther behind we go. (Yeah, I'm old).
Put those same songs from those cd's onto a mem stick or blutooth from your phone.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Not in the top entune version. They switch to a bigger screen and drop the CD player.
In the US. In Canada I don't think the 7" screen is currently available at all in the XLE. No upgrade package to the XLE in any form as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm not sure how to do that, but I guess that's the way to go.
It's called "ripping a cd". Most media players can 'rip' a cd. It will basically copy the media into files on your computer. Then you can listen to them on your pc, or put them on a mem stick or phone from there. Plug in mem stick, open mem stick drive and drag and drop music files into it.

I kind of assume you don't have any special media player. Here are the basic windows media center instructions for ripping a cd(getting the cd music onto your computer).

Rip music from a CD in Windows Media Center - Windows Help

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's called "ripping a cd". Most media players can 'rip' a cd. It will basically copy the media into files on your computer. Then you can listen to them on your pc, or put them on a mem stick or phone from there. Plug in mem stick, open mem stick drive and drag and drop music files into it.

I kind of assume you don't have any special media player. Here are the basic windows media center instructions for ripping a cd(getting the cd music onto your computer).

Rip music from a CD in Windows Media Center - Windows Help
Thank you very much for the info. Good assumption on my not having a special media player. :) All I have right now is a small "Sansa" player which I use when I walk for exercise. I use CDs for any other music listening.

By the way, I do know how to rip CDs. I've just never had much of a need to do it ... so far (... other than to load up my Sansa player or maybe if I want to send a few songs to a friend via email). I do realize that at some point I'll have to change my ways.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Thank you very much for the info. Good assumption on my not having a special media player. :) All I have right now is a small "Sansa" player which I use when I walk for exercise. I use CDs for any other music listening.

By the way, I do know how to rip CDs. I've just never had much of a need to do it ... so far (... other than to load up my Sansa player or maybe if I want to send a few songs to a friend via email). I do realize that at some point I'll have to change my ways.
You should be able to plug your sansa player into the car too with a 1/8" male to 1/8" male stereo cable. See, lots of options. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts