Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed within the last week that my '15 RAV XLE pulls to right when under acceleration regardless of mode, i.e., NORMAL, ECO, SPORT and 4WD. Vehicle goes straight when coasting; stops straight when braking - both hard and normal braking. Just checked air in tires too - 34 PSI all around.

Toyota did the 15K service last month; tires were rotated and pressure was checked, as well as thread depth - 7/32 all around. Brakes were at 7mm front and 8mm rear. Also went and had the wheels balanced by a third party because Toyota doesn't do it at the services (always done at/after rotation of tires).

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be, and the next step/s in diagnosing the problem before I get a 4 wheel alignment?

·
Registered
8,592 Posts
Torque steer? A reported situation with the Gen.3 V6s under some conditions but apparently not with the 4-cyl.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this case when the SPORT mode is engaged (50/50 split when starting from a stopped position with AWD) it still pulls to the right.

Same is true for when 4WD LOCK is engaged and I start to accelerate from being fully stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts