Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up were I live we need aggressive tread and studs on the tires. We even at times need chains. So I have a 2011 Toyota rav4 and I am looking 4 15"rims for the same reason. I am going to a u pull it junk yard and I am going to try different rims on a rav4 right in the junk yard this way I can find the right rim I want. I will let you know what I find.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Many downsize the rim diameter on their car in order to be able to use offroad tyres with a bigger sidewall or, like in your case, studded tyres and chains. The only thing that usually hinders a change like this is the brake disc / caliper size. If the inside of the rim fits comfortably around the caliper, and the stud pattern, centre bore etc match, go for it.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Look for a 16 inch because you have a better chance of it fitting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Up were I live we need aggressive tread and studs on the tires. We even at times need chains. So I have a 2011 Toyota rav4 and I am looking 4 15"rims for the same reason. I am going to a u pull it junk yard and I am going to try different rims on a rav4 right in the junk yard this way I can find the right rim I want. I will let you know what I find.
I found some 15" rims ( I think off a Jeep) 5 cheap (25 bucks ) painted them black and used a 1" spacer in the front and a 2" spacer in the back. Seem to fit ok . Now I need tires. maybe a 30x9.5-15..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts