Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a somewhat annoying dark spot in my new 2016 Rav4 LE. Wondering if others have this dark spot, or should i take it to the the dealer to have them take a look at it. It's on the drivers side a long dark spot. I've swapped bulbs, from the passenger side and it still has this dark spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have not noticed this on my 2016 LE. Will have to take a closer look this evening. I guess it could be some distortion in the headlight projector on that side.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Is it possible that the driver's side headlight is aimed a little high? I'd be curious to see what the light pattern looks like projected on a wall or garage door.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toyota is giving me a new headlight. But I don't know how long it going to take to get here. I will take a picture against a wall later tonight, it's definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have a dark spot but I do notice they are aimed fairly high from the factory on my '16 XLE

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Picture against my garage.
Wow, the dark spot is very easy to see in that shot! And the headlights seem to be aimed properly.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
If I'm seeing that correctly the new HL didn't solve the dark spot problem.
I believe he said:

Toyota is giving me a new headlight. But I don't know how long it going to take to get here. I will take a picture against a wall later tonight, it's definitely noticeable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts