Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been searching the Internet but couldn't find complete specs for the OEM wheels, particularly the exact offset. Some sources say 39 some 45, which one is it. For reference, here is what I got so far:

Size: 16" x 6.5J
Bolt pattern: 5 x 115
Toyota part #: 4261142170 or 426110R010

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm updating my own post in case someone come across it via search. It appears (until someone might provide a different answer) that these are the official wheel specs for 16" wheels:

Size: 16" x 6.5J
Bolt pattern: 5 x 114.3 (not 5 x 115 as featured on different websites)
Offset: ET45
Central bore: 60.1 (again this appears incorrectly as 67.20 on some websites)

Hope the above helps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello redamo and welcome aboard this board. It would be useful if you provided more info regarding your vehicle as year, model and engine etc. as they can all play a factor.

Actually your bolt pattern is 5 stud x 114.3 ... and offsets differ depending on whether you have the V6 engine and/or the larger brake calipers at rear (usually associated with the tow prep package). The 60.1 bore is standard regardless.

So, it's not always a simple answer. I know because I'm trying to determine if a set of older, never used Toyota steel rims I just purchased will actually work for me. The dealer gave me a definite "maybe". Scheesch!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BugJr, are you sure about the bolt pattern as I haven't found 5 x 144.3 anywhere.

Signature and some info updated :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
BugJr, are you sure about the bolt pattern as I haven't found 5 x 144.3 anywhere. Signature and some info updated :)
Sorry ... fat finger typo ... it is 114.3 (I'll edit my previous post)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Hello redamo and welcome aboard this board. It would be useful if you provided more info regarding your vehicle as year, model and engine etc. as they can all play a factor.

Actually your bolt pattern is 5 stud x 114.3 ... and offsets differ depending on whether you have the V6 engine and/or the larger brake calipers at rear (usually associated with the tow prep package). The 60.1 bore is standard regardless.

So, it's not always a simple answer. I know because I'm trying to determine if a set of older, never used Toyota steel rims I just purchased will actually work for me. The dealer gave me a definite "maybe". Scheesch!
A few corrections...wheel offset is wheel specific so all sport wheels have the same offset...the same goes for limited and base models...offset has nothing to do with engine size or brake size...

As far as brakes go the v6 and models with the 3rd row option get the larger brakes...that means a 4 cylinder base with a 3rd row will have the same brakes as a v6 limited or sport....the larger brakes have nothing to do with the tow package....also I think that only the fronts are larger but I'm not real sure since I have not had to replace mine yet...

·
Registered
82 Posts
so...is it true that not having the exact wheel can damage the AWD when just using it as a spare?

I went to a used tire store and they said it would be fine if I just got the right bolt pattern. Of course, he was selling me something. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
so...is it true that not having the exact wheel can damage the AWD when just using it as a spare?

I went to a used tire store and they said it would be fine if I just got the right bolt pattern. Of course, he was selling me something. :confused::confused::confused:
You don't need the exact wheel....in fact the limited spare tire is mounted on a base steel wheel...you do however want the spare tire to be close in overall size...I think I read someplace that if one tire is too much bigger or smaller the awd won't engage so as not to damage it...I would research more if that is your case...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts