Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a consistent 3-5 second transmission lag/delay from reverse to first gear after I back out of my driveway. Never had this on any recently owned Toyotas ('13 and '14 Avalon), certainly don't have it on my 2003 Rav (believe it or not)

Is this a common 4th gen tranny characteristic? If not, it's on my 5,000 mile dealer check up list.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been a while so I thought I'd give an update.

At 5,000 miles Toyota changed the tranny fluid and checked for issues, found none. The transmission lag issue never went away.

At 15,000 miles I asked Toyota again to check it out, it's still there, causes no other issues but it's annoying that I can't just shift into drive and go. This is the only automatic transmission I have ever had act like this. Toyota told me (as expected from feedback here) that's it's normal. I say it's annoying. I don't think a transmission should have to 'think' and 'delay' about what to do once you give it a command.

Why would they design a transmission like this? :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.