Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota.com (under wheels option tab) is offering these wheels and tires for $1,515. Anybody know of a link that has a picture of these wheels? Wonder what kind of Michelins they are too. This is probably a dealer installed option, you think? Do you think this would be like a change over, at the dealer, or not? When my new Rav arrives, the dealer would take my stock wheels and tires and put on the Enkei's, I pay the $1,515. Or does one think that I would have an extra set of stock wheel and tires? $1,500 just seems a little looow for what I would be getting. Anyones's thought on this? But then again the dealer does not want to be stuck w/ my stock wheels and tires.

·
Registered
875 Posts
$2000?...you guys are insane. I spend a lot on non performance stuff, but 2 g's on cosmetics is just crazy. buy a new clothes for your kid, flowers for the wife/girlfriend (for the next 30 years) or anything. Some people buy used cars for 2 g's. You can almost max out your IRA with 2 g's. i commend you for considering 18"s though. 20"s would be crazy. you can read the argument on the rav4oz site about that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
karrock , thanks for the good info. If those are the wheels and w/ Michelin sports, that's a deal for $1500. But something tells me that's not it. That only comes to $378. per wheel and tire. If they were hot off the street they guy would want more that for them. I bet seeing I already have wheels/tires on my new Rav that the dealer is not going to take these in credit towards the Enkeis. I'm going to be stuck them, and those new Enkeis will be several hundred $$ more at the dealer. I'll give the dealer a call too early now though.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Inlets,

I think your best bet is to get the RAV with OEMs and shop around at good performance shops for the Rims / tires you want. After mounting them sell the OEM's. In cold climates like ours a smart thing to do is put winters on the OEMs rims and sell the tires.

If you check my album you will see the Enkeis Rims i bought on Ebay for around $300. I kept the OEM rims and sold the OEM tires. Very cost effective.
An example of overpricing is when my dealer wanted to sell me 2 good quality OEM car mats for $145 Tax Inc. :shock: I waited for good $50 Rubbermaids to go on special for $16 (all tax inc.)

Cheers,

Walt

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Walt, nice wheels. Nice pup too. Thanks for the info. The more I think about it, that's probably the way I'm going to go. The dealer has a choice of one. I like a little bigger selection. Enkeis will be my choice though. They look so sharp. I now I won't have any trouble selling my OEM wheels and tires with only about 300 miles on them. I have never walked into a speed shop before, what is their margin for negtiation? I would like to think I could get a really nice set of 18" Enkeis w/ Michelin Pilots for about $1700.-$2000. You think's realistic? Thanks.

C

·
0 Posts
mionee67 said:
Inlets,

I think your best bet is to get the RAV with OEMs and shop around at good performance shops for the Rims / tires you want. After mounting them sell the OEM's. In cold climates like ours a smart thing to do is put winters on the OEMs rims and sell the tires.

If you check my album you will see the Enkeis Rims i bought on Ebay for around $300. I kept the OEM rims and sold the OEM tires. Very cost effective.
An example of overpricing is when my dealer wanted to sell me 2 good quality OEM car mats for $145 Tax Inc. :shock: I waited for good $50 Rubbermaids to go on special for $16 (all tax inc.)

Cheers,

Walt
Cool rims! I like them! Hehe cute dog.. I'm from Canada to. 20yo, gonna be 21 soon tho, how old are you if you don't mind me asking, you look kinda young from your picture.

·
Registered
758 Posts
inlets - Keep the stock 17" Limited wheels and sell them individually to those who want a matching spare...........I would take one, if the price is reasonable :idea:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That might be a better idea. The sum of parts are always worth more than the whole. I only have 700 miles on the car, which is really nothing. I really like the Enkei RT-6 wheels. Now that my really busy season is over I can get a few things done. Only thing is everybody is going to want the fire sale price :doh:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after looking at a few different wheels and trying to decide how the RAV would look. The thought came rushing back that to get the ones I really want I would have to spend over 6 grand. Which I would never get back when I sold the RAV. Selling them seperate is just too much bother. So it looks like I'll be keeping the stock wheels not too bad now, they kinda grow on you.

P.S. Looked at the 18' Enkei wheels Toyota is offering, on a new Rav, boy am I glad I didn't wait for those wheels. Not even offered on the Enkei site. Can't imagine where Toyota got them from. Spose that's why they are $1,500. for all four wheels and tires.

S

·
0 Posts
you can get a nice set of wheels separately. opt going with the 17 steel wheels and get some aftermarket wheels on the side.\

you will not notice the 1" difference. It would be crazy to pay the extra $1500. plus I did not like them

i did what I recommended above, got a nice set of Konig wheels for $600 and swapping the tires cost me $120.

when shopping for wheels, just make sure that the wheel is rated at least to handle the load of 689 kg (1500 lb) each

·
Registered
277 Posts
I see that people are changing their tires/rims.
I don’t really want to spring for rims right now, but would like to change the rubber to something wider. I was thinking a Goodyear Fortera 255/60 on the stock 17x7 wide steel rims.

Here’s my question:
Has anyone checked with their dealer, and if so, what did they say?
Is this voiding the warranty?
How big can you go without voiding it, only to the 235/55 that were offered as an option and on the sport?
Does anyone care?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts