Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can buy very beautiful alloy wheels.

But which tires size should I set up there .

Its for my Rav4 from 1998

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well the Giant came with 235/60x17, so 235/55x18 should fit being the same width and near enough the same diameter.

·
Registered
599 Posts
how wide are the wheels?, that will determine what sizes you can use

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm running 225 55 R18's no rubbing or any hammering required. Stock it had the 215 70 R16's the speedo is 0.4% out. You will never notice that speedo reads 30mph actual 29.89mph.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
However, the deal did not go ahead :crying

so I only just ordered new winter tires for my 16-inch alloy wheels.

Hankook Winter I * Cept evo2 W320 235/60 R16 100H 3PMSF

Because i think its gonna snow out here very soon.

And then the snow tires are really needed here

·
Registered
599 Posts
Living where you do, I think you will find that the higher profile 16" tires are better performing than 18" rubber bands. low-pro tires are harsh and not so useful on rough terrain.

For summer on good smooth dry roads, low profile is great for handling tho, it would be worth keeping an eye out for a set if you so desire. I would do the same with my RAV's should the opportunity arise.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Living where you do, I think you will find that the higher profile 16" tires are better performing than 18" rubber bands. low-pro tires are harsh and not so useful on rough terrain.

For summer on good smooth dry roads, low profile is great for handling tho, it would be worth keeping an eye out for a set if you so desire. I would do the same with my RAV's should the opportunity arise.
My new winter tires are on the car and its much more silent .

Now waiting for the snow to set in and see how the behave on the snow .

And the look so very nice real beatyfull tyers to so i am happy again :laugh

·
Registered
599 Posts
What tyres did you get? got some pics of the car with her new booties on ;)

I think you will find that high profile tires work much better than stiff low pro ones. low profile is only good for sharp handling city driving.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What tyres did you get? got some pics of the car with her new booties on ;)

I think you will find that high profile tires work much better than stiff low pro ones. low profile is only good for sharp handling city driving.

I have these one's : Hankook Winter I * Cept evo2 W320 235/60 R16 100H 3PMSF

I wil have pics up sometime later :wink

·
Registered
599 Posts
Very nice!, you won't have any trouble in winter with those!, in future you could keep a separate set of 18's for summer and those 16's for winter?

·
Registered
876 Posts
in future you could keep a separate set of 18's for summer and those 16's for winter?
That is exactly what I do. Run stock 16" alloy winter set and 18's in summer. The best of both worlds. I haven't put winters on yet as weather has been to warm (rained today...)

·
Registered
599 Posts
That is exactly what I do. Run stock 16" alloy winter set and 18's in summer. The best of both worlds. I haven't put winters on yet as weather has been to warm (rained today...)
We do not get really nasty winters where I am, but I am tempted to get a set for summer or long trips to the range, my current 16's are nice soft squishy tires for town driving, but when you are doing high speed winding roads, they get a bit sketchy. I think a set of 18's is in order :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts